University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
The University of Surrey is one of the UK’s top professional, scientific and technological universities. Surrey has a world-class profile and a leading reputation in teaching and research.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
- The university aims to provide the highest quality student learning experience, combining academic rigour, personal and professional development and employability.
- Students enhance and develop their skills for independent academic study, digital media literacy, innovation, and working in professional contexts.
Type of Qualification:
- Surrey's major-minor undergraduate degrees lets students master their favourite subject while gaining insight into a different topic, with unique linking modules helping them make connections.
- Surrey has a strong focus on graduate employability, providing work placements in the UK and abroad with over 2,300 partner orgranisations over the past 5 years.
Student Services and Facilities
- Significant investment has been made by the university on student accommodation, the Surrey Sports Park and a new Library and Learning Centre.
- The library and learning centre, open 24/7, offers a choice of study environments, access to a wealth of information, and support for student's academic and personal development in an instantly recognisable gold and glass building at the heart of the campus.
- Please refer to the university website for more information on disability services at the University of Surrey.
The Union is run by a team of enthusiastic and dedicated elected student officers who focus their energy in 4 areas of student life. These 'Zones', are Voice Zone, voicing student's concerns or ideas; Activity Zone, supporting sports and activities; Support Zone, focusing on student wellbeing; and Community Zone, building community including volunteering.
- Whether students want to develop an existing skill or discover a new one, join a sports club or society, volunteer, represent their fellow students or just take advantage of the diverse programme of events and activities, there's something for everyone at the Students' Union.
- There are over 139 student societies, including a selection of societies for international students, charity and fundraising groups and subject-specific societies.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Part-time work is readily available.
- Unitemps is the University of Surrey’s award-winning in-house recruitment agency, helping students and recent graduates find work in the local area, as well as within the university itself.
- Surrey students go on to secure graduate roles in leading companies in the UK and around the world; the university is proud of its track record for graduate employability and offers students a wealth of opportunities to prepare for life after graduation.
- The team in the Employability and Careers Centre works with academics and departments to prepare students for placements, teach them professional and personal skills and ensure they receive the best learning opportunities. Support includes 1-to-1 advice on career options and recruitment processes.
- Many degree programmes are accredited by professional, statutory and regulatory bodies (PSRBs), and careers advisers work with academics to bring career relevance to each subject.
- Opportunites for students to network with employers include 2 large careers fairs, with nearly 150 employers attending to recruit Surrey students for graduate jobs and placements; employer-led workshops to enhance students' employability skills; industry days, run in partnership with academic departments; and there is mentoring support from university alumni.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 73%
- Postgraduate 27%
Mode of study
- Full Time 85%
- Part Time 15%
Where students come from
- UK 71%
- EU 8%
- Other 21%
- Male 44%
- Female 56%
- The origins of the university can be traced back over 120 years to Battersea Polytechnic Institute in London.
- Surrey has risen up the rankings in the league tables in recent years.
- Sir Alec Issigonis – inventor of the Mini.
- Sir David Varney – first executive chairman of HM Revenue and Customs.
- Alan Parker – Chairman of Mothercare and former CEO of Whitbread.
- Robert Earl – founder of the Planet Hollywood chain.
- Mrs Justice Dobbs DBE – the first non-white person to be appointed to the senior judiciary of England and Wales.
- Paul Sheffield – Chief executive of construction giants Kier Group.
- Neil Chapman – Senior vice-president with Exxon Mobil.
- Professor Tanya Byron – broadcaster, clinician and Chancellor of Edge Hill University.
- Samuel Okell – grammy-winning music producer and graduate of Surrey’s Tonmeister course.
|Address||The University of Surrey Guildford Surrey GU2 7XH|