University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- A truly international university – around 20% of the total student population are international students.
- One of the best contemporary university sports facilities anywhere in Europe. The university’s Surrey Sports Park provides world-class sports, dance and exercise facilities. It was designed according to strict eco-friendly guidelines, and includes a 50m pool, multi-purpose sports hall, 120-station gym, indoor climbing centre, grass and 3G artificial sports pitches, a natural 'trim trail', squash courts and a café bar for socialising.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- GCSE English Language grade C
- IELTS (Academic)
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The university offers an airport Meet & Greet Service on selected days in September at Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- It also provides an International Orientation Programme for new international students; this takes place before the University Welcome Week, and allows students to settle in more easily.
- By booking on the International Orientation Programme students can register with the university, get to know the campus, Guildford and the surrounding area. On offer are workshops and visits to local places of interest, as well as social events.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students are currently guaranteed university accommodation throughout their undergraduate studies at the University of Surrey.
- All university campus accommodation is self-catering, with complimentary internet access.
- The majority of university accommodation is on one of our two campuses – either on the Stag Hill alongside the academic buildings, or at the Manor Park campus just a short walk away.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Single room university accommodation ranges from £69 to £160 per week (2015–16).
Organisations for International Students
- All students are members of the University of Surrey Students’ Union.
- The Students’ Union provides Sports Clubs and many different societies including national and religious societies.
- The university has an overseas campus at the Surrey International Institute, at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics in Dalian in China.