University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university offers an airport Meet & Greet Service on selected days in September at Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- It also provides an International Orientation Programme for new international students; this takes place before the university Welcome Week, and allows students to settle in more easily.
- By booking on the International Orientation Programme students can register with the university, get to know the campus, Guildford and the surrounding area. On offer are workshops and visits to local places of interest, as well as social events.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- First-year undergraduate students could be guaranteed a place in university accommodation; please refer to the university website and check the allocation policy for details.
- Living in university accommodation is a great way to meet new people and the university does everything they can to help students feel at home.
- Accommodation is at Stag Hill campus, and at nearby Manor Park which is set in an area of great natural beauty and designed as a car-free student village, with a subsidised bus service. In addition Hazel Farm on the edge of Guildford provides an affordable option with the added benefit of a free bus pass valid throughout the town.
- The university can easily be accessed from all Courts of Residence, whether on foot or by bus.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.