University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation is guaranteed to first-years who adhere to the university's allocation policy, which includes listing Surrey as their firm choice on UCAS and applying by the deadline advised by the university. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Arranged in courts of residence (groups of self-catered housing) and priced to suit different budgets, the university's accommodation has been designed to be comfortable and secure. 5,500 rooms are available across three campuses: Stag Hill, Manor Park and Hazel Farm campus, with 650 new study-bedrooms that will open in September 2019. Manor Park has over 1,800 en-suite rooms; facilities include a café and easy access to the Surrey Sports Park.
- Students benefit from 24/7 security on all sites, broadband and possessions insurance. Students share a kitchen-dining room, conveniently close to bedrooms, and communal areas have TV / study rooms.
- Most accommodation is mixed-sex, but students can request to live in a single-sex flat if they wish; there are also specially adapted rooms available for students with physical disabilities on the Stag Hill and Manor Park campuses.
|Self-Catered||from £72 to £225 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Guildford is a historic town with cobbled streets and lots of old buildings, all of which makes it a very beautiful place. It's a charming town full of life, surrounded by stunning green countryside, infused with history and everything students might need.
- The university campus is close to Guildford town centre, where there are hundreds of places to shop, eat and drink. These include favourite chain restaurants and clothes shops as well as independent eateries and smaller boutique stores. The town itself is compact, with everything in easy walking distance, and the countryside is never far away with the Surrey Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on its doorstep.
Nightlife and Culture
- There's good nightlife to be found in Guildford, with over 20 bars and clubs; these range from a quirky bar that serves 55 different cocktails to a disco that plays pop music. Bar Thirteen, and Rubix nightclub on campus are firm favourites with students.
- Guildford is a home to the arts with three theatres, art galleries and G Live music venue; and the town hosts a multi-arts comedy festival, literature festival and science festival every year.
- Guildford is a great place for shopping, with over 240 retailers, three shopping centres and a variety of markets.
- The beautiful Surrey Hills on the doorstep are perfect for enjoying the great outdoors, whether it be hiking in the countryside, zip wiring, paintballing or mountain biking.
- The University of Surrey is in a great location, just a 10-minute stroll into Guildford town centre, with a regular bus service running late into the night and nextbikes that can be hired to get around the campuses.
- Adjacent to the A3 main road, Guildford is the perfect base to explore from.
- London is just a 34-minute train ride from Guildford, making it easy for students to enjoy the attractions of the capital.
- The UK's two largest international airports, Heathrow and Gatwick, are less than 35 minutes away.