- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Surrey helps unlock students' potential to achieve their academic and career ambitions. With nearly 17,000 students, including 5,000 international students from over 140 countries, the university is a vibrant place to live and study. Postgraduate students join a community that's making a profound and lasting impact on the world; with an enterprising, research-rich culture and significant economic influence, the university's work is both diverse and far-reaching.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,722 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 69%
- Part Time 31%
- UK 55%
- EU 9%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||450||500|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||130||130||260|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||20||230||250|
|Accounting & Finance||0||240||240|
|Physics & Astronomy||45||35||80|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||45||55|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||10||25||40|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||25||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Agriculture & Forestry||20||0||20|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||15||15|
|Art & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Surrey offers bursaries and scholarships for postgraduate students, with both merit-based and means-tested awards available. Additionally, every year the university welcomes students who have received scholarships from external scholarship bodies. Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Arranged in courts of residence (groups of self-catered housing) and priced to suit different budgets, the university's accommodation is comfortable and secure. With options to suit different budgets, the university has over 5,500 rooms (many en-suite) in self-catered housing with Wi-Fi and 24/7 security, within walking distance of the town centre. Postgraduate students can also opt to live in accommodation independent from the university.
- Living in university accommodation is a great way to meet new people and the university does everything it can to help students feel at home. Students benefit from 24/7 security, broadband Internet and possessions insurance. Students share a kitchen-dining room that is conveniently close to the bedrooms, and communal areas have TV / study rooms.
- Most accommodation is mixed-sex, but students can request to live in a single-sex flat if they wish; there are also specially adapted rooms available for students with physical disabilities at Stag Hill and Manor Park.