University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Surrey offers postgraduate students an enthusiastic and forward-thinking community, where world-leading academics and talented students work closely together on its beautiful campus.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,735 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 68%
- Part Time 32%
- UK 55%
- EU 9%
- Other 36%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||340||390|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||140||120||265|
|Accounting & Finance||0||245||245|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||25||180||205|
|Physics & Astronomy||50||40||95|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||40||50|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||50||50|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||10||25||35|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||30||30|
|Agriculture & Forestry||25||0||25|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||20||20|
|Art & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers bursaries and scholarships for postgraduate students, with both merit-based and means-tested awards available. These include an Asylum Seeker Bursary, the Nuclear Science Scholarship, International Scholarships and Women in Business scholarships, among others.
- Additionally, every year the university welcomes students who have received scholarships from external scholarship bodies such as Chevening scholarships, Marshall scholarships and the Commonwealth scholarships, among others.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Arranged in Courts of Residence (groups of self-catered housing) and priced to suit different budgets, the university's accommodation has been designed to be comfortable and secure.
- There is an accommodation guarantee for International postgraduate students who adhere to the allocation policy. Please refer to the university website for details of the allocation policy, terms and conditions.