University of Surrey
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Arranged in Courts of Residence (groups of self-catered housing) and priced to suit different budgets, the university's accommodation has been designed to be comfortable and secure. Please refer to the university website for details of the allocation policy, terms and conditions.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university's bursaries and scholarships are among the most competitive in the country, with both merit-based and means-tested awards available. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Please refer to the university website for details of postgraduate research programmes.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,055 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 67%
- Part Time 33%
- UK 52%
- EU 10%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||90||790||880|
|Engineering & technology||365||485||855|
|Business & administrative studies||90||610||700|
|Creative arts & design||35||105||140|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||25||30|
|Agriculture & related subjects||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.