University of Sussex
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- University-managed housing is guaranteed for students who are either full-time Masters students from outside the European Union, studying for the full academic year; or full-time, first-year PhD students studying for a full academic year. This is dependent on the submission of a housing application and pre-payment of £300 before the relevant deadline.
- Please refer to the university website for details on housing guarantees and application deadlines.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of generous scholarships for UK and international students, at both Masters and PhD level.
- Please refer to the university website to find out more about Sussex postgraduate scholarships.
- The university has a broad range of PhD courses from across the arts, sciences and social sciences; and MRes courses in certain subjects, enabling students to carry out their own independent research within a Masters degree.
- Please refer to the university website for details of postgraduate courses.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,112 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 85%
- Part Time 15%
- UK 48%
- EU 8%
- Other 44%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||40||455||490|
|Historical & philosophical studies||70||95||170|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||135||145|
|Engineering & technology||35||55||90|
|Creative arts & design||35||30||65|
|Subjects allied to medicine||15||0||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.