- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- 94.8% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (HESA data 2013–14), with 81.4% in professional level jobs.
- Over 100 partner universities, offering students opportunities to study or work abroad.
- Global SPIN (Swansea Paid Internships overseas) offers financial support for 4-week internship experiences while living abroad during the summer vacation.
- The university’s Employability Academy promotes opportunities provided by alumni to challenge students’ skills and commercial acumen, while gaining experience of working life in a different country.
- Voted joint 8th in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey, 2015).
- One of the few UK universities to have a mosque on campus. Won the UK’s Best Mosque Provision award from the Federation of Islamic Students.
- UK top 30 research intensive university (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
- Cutting-edge facilities and excellent research and teaching faculty.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
English language scores for Swansea’s undergraduate courses are:
- IELTS: 6.0 minimum for most courses. Some courses may require a higher score – students are encouraged to check individual course requirements before submitting an application.
- TOEFL: 213.
- TOEFL (IBT): 79.
Most academic departments will ask for a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent) for postgraduate degrees. Check the individual course requirements.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- £1.5million worth of scholarships are available to international students. The International Development Office offers up to £6,000 for undergraduate study and £4,000 for postgraduate study.
- Swansea University’s International Development Office is pleased to support the prestigious Chevening Scholarship and is honoured to be part of the Santander Network of Universities.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- British Council accredited English Language Training Services offer year-round courses in academic English that prepare students for university study.
- A week of welcome and orientation events in September with friendly students available to help new students settle in quickly.
- Coach collection service from Heathrow.
Accommodation for International Students
- New undergraduates are guaranteed a room in residences if they apply before 30 June.
- 1,200 students are housed at Singleton Park with 1,200 off campus at Hendrefoelan Student Village.
- More than 1,400 beds at the beachfront Bay Campus – all en-suite.
- Rooms adapted for wheelchair users and mobility, visually and/or hearing impaired students.
- Free unlimited wi-fi in all bedrooms.
Organisations for International Students
- The Students’ Union supports Afro Caribbean, Chinese, Hellenic and Indian societies, among others.