- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- British Council accredited English Language Training Services offer year-round courses in academic English that prepare students for university study.
- A week of welcome and orientation events runs in September with friendly students available to help new students settle in quickly.
- The university provides a coach collection service from Heathrow.
English Language Requirements
English language scores for Swansea’s undergraduate courses are:
- IELTS: 6.0 minimum for most courses. Some courses may require a higher score – students are encouraged to check individual course requirements before submitting an application; or
- TOEFL: 213; or
- TOEFL (IBT): 79.
Most academic departments will ask for a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent) for postgraduate degrees. Please refer to the university website for individual course requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- New undergraduates are guaranteed a room in residences if they apply before the relevant deadline.
- Accommodation is at Singleton Park or off campus in Hendrefoelan Student Village, and at the beachfront Bay Campus, which are all en-suite. Free Wi-Fi in all bedrooms.
- There is adapted accommodation for wheelchair users and mobility, visually and/or hearing impaired students.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.