- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Over 2,500 students on more than 120 postgraduate taught and research degrees in Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Health, Law, Management, Medicine, and Science.
- Main library has a study area devoted to postgraduate students.
- Postgraduate Open Days held in November and March.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 2,555 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 66%
- Part Time 34%
- UK 60%
- EU 7%
- Other 32%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||127||483||610|
|Engineering & technology||221||121||342|
|Business & administrative studies||29||292||321|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||68||73|
|Historical & philosophical studies||14||31||45|
|Creative arts & design||0||32||32|
|Medicine & dentistry||9||10||19|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- £5 million in postgraduate scholarships and bursaries available each year to UK, EU, and international students.
- Family accommodation is available at the 130-room postgraduate residence, Beck House.
- The university also has its own private sector accommodation letting agency.