- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Family accommodation is available at the 130-room postgraduate residence, Beck House.
- The university also has its own private sector accommodation letting agency.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers 100 Master's Scholarships to all subject areas, each worth £3000.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,767 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 69%
- Part Time 31%
- UK 57%
- EU 8%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||125||485||610|
|Engineering & technology||220||120||340|
|Business & administrative studies||30||290||320|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||70||75|
|Historical & philosophical studies||15||30||45|
|Creative arts & design||0||30||30|
|Medicine & dentistry||10||10||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.