- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
Swansea University is a research-intensive institution that has provided postgraduate education since 1920. A wide range of taught and research programmes are available and collaborative links with industry place an emphasis on employability. Swansea University has two beachfront campuses, giving easy access to both the bustling city centre and the Gower Peninsula – the UK’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,240 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 69%
- Part Time 31%
- UK 61%
- EU 8%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||170||210|
|Accounting & Finance||10||175||180|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||85||90|
|Physics & Astronomy||30||25||55|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||20||50|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||20||25||45|
|Classics & Ancient History||5||20||20|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||10||15|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||10||10|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers 100 scholarships worth £3000 for taught and research master's degree students who obtain a first class degree.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Swansea University has a wide range of accommodation for postgraduate students, including 51-week tenancies in campus halls of residences, family-friendly accommodation in the city, and university-managed shared houses.
- A university lettings agency helps students find good quality private sector accommodation, and a house-hunting event is run for postgraduate students looking to houseshare.