- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
Based on a lively campus in the heart of Middlesbrough in north east England, Teesside University is a friendly, modern university with a broad range of courses and study options. Teesside is the country's top university for nursing with 97% student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2016). It is ranked by 3D World as one of the top 20 places in the world to study animation and computer games design.
- Please refer to the university website for course entry requirements; each course page has a dedicated phone number for application queries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
- Most courses involve a combination of lectures, small group tutorials and hand-on activities.
- Some degrees involve placements, the option to study abroad and research projects.
- As well as the taught elements of the course, students will be expected to spend time studying on their own to review lecture notes, prepare coursework assignments, work on projects and revise for assessments.
Type of Qualification:
- Lots of Teesside University’s courses give the option of studying part-time, taking a sandwich year or some work experience, spending some time in industry or going on a paid or unpaid placement.
- Some courses offer the chance to study abroad.
Student Services and Facilities
- Teesside University's library opens 24/7 providing access to more than 40,000 books and 29,500 journals, 400 PCs and specialist academic librarians for each subject area. Recent refurbishment has added flexible, technology-enabled, individual and group learning spaces, improved IT provision and extra digital support.
- Specialist media and computing facilities include a convergent newsroom, broadcast news studios, multimedia publishing and computing suites. Home of DigitalCity, the Phoenix building also houses broadcast quality sound and high definition video production facilities, among the best in the UK. There is also a film and TV archive dating from 1912.
- Health and social care facilities include dedicated laboratories with specialist equipment and simulated practice environments. There are also biomechanics and physiology laboratories, and one of the most advanced environmental chambers in the country.
- Science and engineering facilities provide a flight simulation laboratory, a full-size aircraft to be used for physical and load testing, and a power system simulator laboratory.
- There are also 2 large customised design studios and workshops for wood, metal, plaster, resin and glass; and a replica courtroom.
- Teesside’s disability service team can provide information, advice and guidance to support students with visible and non-visible disabilities and conditions, including specific learning difficulties and mental health conditions. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Led by students for students, Teesside University's Students' Union is central to student life. It has twice been awarded NUS' Students' Union of the Year and achieved gold for the 3rd time in the 2016 Best Bar None awards.
- The union is ranked in the top 3 in the world by international students (International Student Barometer Autumn 2015).
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The Link in the Students’ Union offers lots of opportunities for part-time work.
- The university's award-winning careers service also helps students to gain part-time roles.
- The careers service offers an impartial service to help students choose their future career, search for a job or voluntary opportunity, and give advice on applications and interviews.
- The service provides advice by email and drop-in sessions as well as via confidential guidance interviews.
- Teesside University's careers website has a whole host of resources.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 88%
- Postgraduate 12%
Mode of study
- Full Time 55%
- Part Time 45%
Where students come from
- UK 94%
- EU 2%
- Other 4%
- Male 47%
- Female 53%
- Officially opened in 1930 as Constantine Technical College by the then Prince of Wales, the future King Edward VIII, to support Middlesbrough’s booming engineering and shipping industries.
- Marek Reichman – a design director for Aston Martin, designing James Bond’s car in Casino Royale.
- Andrew Lomas – worked on Avatar's computer graphics alongside director, James Cameron.