- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teesside University welcomes students from around the globe. Teesside is a safe and friendly place where students soon feel at home.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,250 international students in 2016–17
- Teesside University's meet and greet service is free to all new international students arriving at nearby Durham Tees Valley Airport and Newcastle International Airport.
- International students are invited to a welcome and orientation event when they arrive, providing the opportunity to find out more about what it's like to live and study in the UK. It's also a chance to meet other students from around the world, and to prepare for studies.
- When students arrive – and throughout their time at Teesside University – they'll have access to range of free English language and study skills support services.
English Language Requirements
- Teesside University is accredited by the British Council as an English language training provider.
- To study at a British university, students need a high level of English to write academic essays and reports, listen to lectures and take notes, summarise academic texts, give academic presentations and take part in discussions and seminars.
- If a student's English language skills are not at the required level, Teesside University can offer a range of pre-sessional courses to help build confidence in using English both in the classroom and in social life. The courses also help students get to know the university and local area, adapt to life in the UK, and make friends before they start their studies.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed accommodation if they apply before the relevant deadline in the year they start their studies.
- University accommodation is all within walking distance of campus.
- The university offers a limited amount of accommodation for families. Students whose families will be joining them in the UK during their studies are requested to contact Teesside University’s accommodation team to discuss their options.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.