- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Teesside University's meet and greet service is free to all new international students arriving at nearby Durham Tees Valley Airport and Newcastle International Airport.
English Language Requirements
- Students need a high level of English to write academic essays and reports, listen to lectures and take notes, summarise academic texts, give academic presentations and take part in discussions and seminars.
- If a student's English language skills are not at the required level, the university has a range of courses that run before the start of the academic programme. They help build confidence using English in the classroom and in social situations, as well as helping students settle in to the university and local area.
Accommodation for International Students
- Affordable student housing within easy reach of the university is guaranteed for international students who apply before the relevant deadline.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.