- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Students are guaranteed a place in accommodation on campus as a first-year undergraduate if they firmly accept a course offer and apply for accommodation by the relevant deadline.
- Teesside University is a safe, friendly place where students soon feel at home. All university accommodation is within walking distance of campus and is covered by 24/7 campus security.
- Costs cover a 40-week rental period and include contents insurance, Internet, heating and lighting.
|Self-Catered||from £58 to £115 per week|
- City Population: 138,400
- Student Population: 21,830
- Teesside University is in the heart of Middlesbrough in the Tees Valley. It's a great place to be a student, catering for art enthusiasts, theatre goers, music lovers and sports fans – and is a brilliant place to be for those who love the outdoors.
- A cinema, high street shops, student-friendly bars, cafés and eateries are within walking distance of campus; and an Olympic-standard white-water rafting centre, stunning countryside and beautiful coastlines are all close by.
Culture and Nightlife
- There are plenty of student nights in town throughout the week, as well as lots of famous acts and themed nights at the Students' Union.
- Middlesbrough town centre is a haven for independent shopping, micro-pubs, artisan bakeries, cocktail bars, vintage clothing stores and student-friendly pubs, restaurants, clubs and cafés.
- There’s an international gallery close to campus, and a Victorian gothic town hall hosting well-known performers, comedians and bands.
- Football fans can see Middlesbrough FC play at the nearby Riverside Stadium, and Middlesbrough Sport Village is just down the road, with a velodrome, outdoor track, skate park and 4G pitches.
- For those who like being outdoors, Albert Park is just a stone’s throw from campus, with a free parkrun every Saturday. Middlesbrough is also less than 30 minutes from lovely coastal towns where you can enjoy surfing, walks on the beach and fish and chips. Stunning countryside is just a short drive in the other direction, with plenty of places to explore along with the beautiful North York Moors.
- Middlesbrough has good transport links and is well served by rail and road.
- Teesside University's campus is in the town centre – all amenities, university accommodation and lectures are within walking distance, reducing the need to pay for extra transport.
- National Express and megabus operate long distance coach travel from the local bus station, just a short walk from campus; rail services provide direct access to cities including Leeds, York, Liverpool and Manchester.
- Durham Tees Valley airport is 8 miles away.