- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Teesside University offers a variety of postgraduate courses designed to give students the skills and knowledge to take their careers to the next level of success.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,547 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 82%
- EU 4%
- Other 14%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||35||200||230|
|Art & Design||5||55||60|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||45||50|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||35||35|
|Accounting & Finance||0||30||30|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||15||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||15||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a number of generous funding packages, subject to terms and conditions. Some funding packages are awarded automatically, others require students to apply – please refer to the university website for details. Below are some examples of funding available.
- The Professor James Caldwell scholarship: £2,000 a year towards support for a self-funding PhD or MPhil student in Computing.
- Dr Keith Skeoch scholarship: £2,500 available to students enrolling on postgraduate courses within the university’s School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Law.
- Dr Keith Skeoch MBA scholarship (ten available): £1,500.
- Plus there are scholarship opportunities for those seeking asylum.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers a range of affordable accommodation for postgraduate students. If students would prefer to live with other postgraduates they can let the university know on their accommodation application.