- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Teesside University offers a variety of postgraduate courses designed to give students the skills and knowledge to take their careers to the next level of success.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,570 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 41%
- Part Time 59%
- UK 88%
- EU 3%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||35||80||110|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||85||85|
|Accounting & Finance||0||60||60|
|Art & Design||5||55||60|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||15||20|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||10||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a number of generous funding packages for new full-time undergraduates; all funding packages are subject to terms and conditions. Students may be eligible for more than one offer. Some funding packages are awarded automatically, some require students to apply – please refer to the university website for full details. Below are some examples of funding available.
- The Professor James Caldwell scholarship gives £2,000 a year towards support for a self-funding PhD or MPhil student in Computing.
- £2,500 is available through the Dr Keith Skeoch scholarship for students enrolling on postgraduate courses within the university’s School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Law.
- Ten £1,500 scholarships are available through the Dr Keith Skeoch MBA scholarship.
- Plus there are scholarship opportunities for those seeking asylum and also for international students.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers a range of affordable accommodation for postgraduate students. If students would prefer to live with other postgraduates they can let the university know on their accommodation application.