- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Teesside University Business School
MBA Master of Business Administration
- In a challenging and complex economic climate, there is an ever-increasing demand for reflective, entrepreneurial and responsible business leaders with the necessary skills, understanding and acumen to tackle the difficult challenges facing organisations of all sizes. Teesside University's MBA is designed to develop and enhance student's strategic leadership skills to manage this demand.
- Students explore topics which enhance their knowledge of key concepts as well as having the opportunity to directly apply skills to add value to their workplace or, if studying full time, add value by working on real-time projects with the university’s partners, contributing to the organisation and enhancing the student's personal development.
- The course covers a core business framework involving the management of people, finance, information, operations and markets. Students focus on strategic leadership and innovation, enhancing their ability to lead and manage change.
- Modules are taught via lectures, seminars, practical workshops and visiting lecturers, along with group work with presentations from students. There is also self-directed learning and research. Assessments include reports, formal examinations, in-course work, live consultancy projects and presentations. Students design an applied research project which leads to the completion of their dissertation.
- Applicants are normally expected to be managers with at least two years relevant work experience, and possess a good honours degree, postgraduate or professional qualification.
- One year full-time; two years part-time.
MBA Master of Business Administration (Applied)
- This programme differs from the MBA Master of Business Administration as it includes an Applied Practice module. This enables students to develop work-based solutions to real-world problems through a reflective learning approach.
- Through discrete, identifiable work-related activities focused on enhancing organisational knowledge and innovation, students develop personal and professional knowledge through a process of reflection, critical thinking and action.
- The module enables students to demonstrate an autonomous approach to professional learning and development within a work-based context to enhance their employability.
- Two years full-time (January start).
MBA Master of Business Administration (Online)*
- The Teesside University Business School MBA (Online) is a flexible global programme for ambitious working professionals and aspiring business leaders. Students develop the skills, knowledge and mindset to tackle the difficult challenges facing organisations of all sizes, drive strategic change and make a real, practical difference to the success of businesses and economies.
- Students are guided through their learning by module tutors experienced in developing and delivering high-quality online and in-classroom learning experiences, and supported by tailored learning experiences designed for online learners, located across the world.
- Students engage with content – such as video lectures, reading and online tasks – independent of other learners. However they are also expected to collaborate, network and join in group learning activities using online collaboration tools designed to support peer to peer learning. These tools replicate the learning experiences that would be experienced in class through discussion and debate of concepts, theories and case application.
* Course subject to university approval.
- Flexible duration, please refer to university business school for details (January, May, and September intake).
MBA Master of Business Administration (Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship)
- This programme combines work with studying with no need for a student loan – students' fees are paid by the government and their employer. The MBA Degree Apprenticeship route is aimed at leaders with experience in management and the workplace who appreciate that to lead teams and stay ahead in our turbulent fast-paced global economy, they need new tools and skills.
- Two years part-time (January, June and September intake).
MBA Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for MBA students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Student Origin||MBA (£)|
Teesside University, Middlesbrough, Tees Valley, TS1 3BX