Truro and Penwith College
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Truro and Penwith College has been offering university courses since 1998. Truro College is easily accessible from Truro city centre; Penwith is in the heart of Penzance, with stunning views over Mounts Bay and St Michaels Mount. Both campuses are close to the beautiful Cornish coast and countryside. Around 900 full-time HE students, and 260 part-time based across our three campus – Truro, Tregye and Penwith (2-12–13). Some 5,000 full-time FE students are enrolled at the College, along with approximately 10,000 on part-time further education courses. 47% men, 53% women.
UCAS Code: T85
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Undergraduate Open Days
Student Services and Facilities
- At the start of each year we recruit Student Ambassadors to work at College events.
- Truro is a buzzing city with many opportunities for retail jobs.
- Cornwall is a summer holiday destination hot-spot and thus offers opportunities for a whole range of seasonal work.
- Many students discover during their course that they require some additional help with an aspect of their studies. The College will always endeavour to meet these needs and in the Study Centres you will find staff who can offer support in a number of areas including: study skills, English, maths, proof reading and statistics. Support is available for students with specific learning needs.
- At the Truro campus there are study centres in the Tresillian, Mylor, Lynher, Fal, Allen, Percuil and Kenwyn buildings at the main campus and one at Tregye. Students can attend either on a drop-in basis or pre-book a more structured session. There is a subject specific centre for Languages based in the Helford building, Sport and Community Studies in the Lynher building and Business and Law in Percuil.
- At the Penwith campus support is available for students with specific learning needs. The College has a study centre in Porthcorno Learning Resource Centre. Students can pre-book a session.
- Our ever-growing student population means increasing chances for students to get involved in our Students Association.
- Keep your eyes peeled during September and October for ways to get involved.
- Truro and Penwith College has been offering university courses since 1998.
- Over the last 14 years the College has grown and now has over 1,000 students.
- The College was awarded 'Full Confidence' by the QAA for Higher Education and recognised as having 11 areas of good practice.
Truro and Penwith College, College Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3XX