- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university aims to accommodate all postgraduate students applying via the online accommodation portal.
- Students choose a campus, a site and the type of room, and the residential services team at Ulster University manages the rest.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The Barnett Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, offered to students with a confirmed conditional offer of a place on the MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences Programme.
- The Access to Justice Scholarship, for students on the LLM in Clinical Legal Education.
- Richard K Degenhardt Belleek Collectors' Scholarship, awarded annually to undergraduate and postgraduate students of Ceramics or Celtic Studies.
- The Kennedy Scholarship, a significant financial package awarded to UK students undertaking postgraduate study at Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- The university has numerous research opportunities open to applicants from Northern Ireland and overseas. Please refer to the university website for further details.
- PhD study can be completed full-time in 3 years, or part-time in 6 years – this can include practical elements such as artwork or musical composition. Students with prior publications and close links to the university may be eligible for the 1-year PhD by Published Work.
- Master of Research (MRes):The MRes is a 1-year introduction to research study for those interested in a career in research or as preparation for a PhD
- Doctor of Medicine (MD): The MD is for applicants that have been registered as qualified with General Medical Council for at least three years.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,290 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 34%
- Part Time 66%
- UK 79%
- EU 13%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||5||1345||1350|
|Business & administrative studies||40||1055||1095|
|Creative arts & design||135||110||245|
|Engineering & technology||95||150||245|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||155||155|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||60||60|
|Historical & philosophical studies||0||25||25|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.