- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Ulster University's suite of career-focused programmes include master's degrees, diplomas, certificates and short courses –many delivered part-time or online with varying start dates. Students can fulfil their potential and enhance their employment prospects with postgraduate study at Ulster University.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,348 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 36%
- Part Time 64%
- UK 82%
- EU 10%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||35||825||860|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||95||95|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||90||90|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||90||90|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||65||65|
|Accounting & Finance||0||60||60|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||55||55|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||50||50|
|Art & Design||0||40||40|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||35||35|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The Barnett Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, offered to students with a confirmed conditional offer of a place on the MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences Programme.
- The Access to Justice Scholarship, for students on the LLM in Clinical Legal Education.
- The Kennedy Scholarship, a significant financial package awarded to UK students undertaking postgraduate study at Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Students can pay fees via instalments, and there is a 10% discount to eligible Ulster University alumni.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university welcomes postgraduate students to its accommodation. They can apply online, advising what campus, room type and options they prefer and the residential services team will provide advice on what is available to meet their needs.