- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Ulster University's suite of career-focused programmes include master's degrees, diplomas, certificates and short courses –many delivered part-time or online. Students can fulfil their potential and enhance their employment prospects with postgraduate study at Ulster University.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,480 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 34%
- Part Time 66%
- UK 79%
- EU 12%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||890||920|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||110||110|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||100||100|
|Art & Design||45||35||80|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||65||65|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||50||50|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||45||45|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||40||40|
|Accounting & Finance||0||30||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||25||25|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The Barnett Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, offered to students with a confirmed conditional offer of a place on the MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences Programme.
- The Access to Justice Scholarship, for students on the LLM in Clinical Legal Education.
- Richard K Degenhardt Belleek Collectors' Scholarship, awarded annually to undergraduate and postgraduate students of Ceramics or Celtic Studies.
- The Kennedy Scholarship, a significant financial package awarded to UK students undertaking postgraduate study at Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Students can pay fees via instalments, and there is a 10% discount to eligible Ulster University alumni.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university aims to accommodate all postgraduate students applying via the online accommodation portal.
- Students choose a campus, a site and the type of room, and the residential services team at Ulster University manages the rest.