Performing Arts Applications Via UCAS Conservatoires
UCAS Conservatoires is a specialised online admissions service for undergraduate, postgraduate, other music and some dance and drama programmes at these UK conservatories:
- Birmingham Conservatoire
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama
- Leeds College of Music
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Applicants can create a single electronic application that will be submitted simultaneously to a maximum of six conservatoires.
- Students may also make a separate application through UCAS to other universities and colleges offering music, dance and drama courses, although they can only accept a place through one system (i.e. via either UCAS Conservatoires or UCAS).
Jump to UCAS Conservatoires dates and check UCAS deadlines.
- Auditions take place at the individual institutions.
You can make an online application from mid-July for admission in September of the following year.
- Music applications – apply by 1 October 18:00 (UK time) and all your chosen conservatoires will consider your application.
- Undergraduate dance, drama and screen production courses – apply by 15 January 18:00 (UK time) and your chosen conservatoires will consider your application.
- International and postgraduate students may have later deadline dates. Be sure to check dates with your chosen conservatoires.
Late applications will normally be considered up to 29 August 2018.
- If you apply after the course deadline and before 29 August 2018 (by 18:00 UK time) for 2018 entry, UCAS Conservatoires will process your application and send it to the conservatoires.
- Your application will be 'late' and the conservatoires may not be able to consider you.
- After 31 January 2018, you must confirm vacancies with the conservatoires before applying.
- You can not make an online application for 2018 entry via UCAS Conservatoires after 29 August 2018. If you want to apply for 2018 entry after this date, talk to the conservatoires direct.
- View our Arts, Drama & Music League Table to see college and conservatoire rankings in this specialised area.
Mid-July 2018 You may apply online on the UCAS Conservatoires website.
1 October 2018 Closing date for 'on time' music applications. After this date, if the deadline for your course has passed, check for vacancies with the conservatoire before applying via UCAS Conservatoires.
15 January 2019 Closing date for majority of all applications, to be received by 18:00 (UK time). After this date, if the deadline for your course has passed, check for vacancies with the conservatoire before applying via UCAS Conservatoires.
31 January 2019 If you received all decisions from Conservatoires 4 January, you need to reply to offers by this date. If UCAS Conservatoires don't receive your replies, they will decline all offers on your behalf.
16 April 2019 You need to reply to any offers this date, if UCAS Conservatoires received all the decisions from your conservatoires by 16 March. If UCAS Conservatoires don't receive your replies, they will decline all offers on your behalf.
30 July 2019 You need to reply to any offers by this date, if UCAS Conservatoires received all the decisions from your conservatoires by 16 July. If UCAS Conservatoires don't receive your replies, they will decline all offers on your behalf.
6 August 2019 SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) exam results published today.
15 August 2019 A Level results published today. Conservatoires must inform UCAS if applicants have met the conditions of their offers.
28 August 2019 Final day for the receipt of 'late' applications at UCAS Conservatoires.
9 September 2019 You need to reply to any offers by this date, if UCAS Conservatoires received all the decisions from your conservatoires by 6 August. If UCAS don't receive your replies, they will decline all offers on your behalf.
Next page: Filling in Your Application