Based in buzzing Bristol – a city famed for its independent thinking, unique style, edgy creativity and warm welcome. Bristol is a city booming with potential, it's the perfect place to discover yours.
Nightlife and culture
- With a buzzing nightlife and a music scene that's hard to beat, students can enjoy the city's many pubs, bars and clubs that cater for everyone, whatever their taste.
- There's no chance of getting stuck in a creative rut in this city, with its wide range of theatres, cinemas and museums, including Bristol Old Vic and Aerospace Bristol.
- Bristol has a year-round festival line-up. There's a festival for everything – from wellness to beer, barbecue food to vegan, balloons to boats and music to street art.
- Bristol has two football clubs – City and Rovers – a championships rugby club and Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, which hosts one-day international matches.
- Tennis, climbing, swimming, golf, rowing and sailing are all available too. Plus there's perfect surf all-year at the Wave, an inland simulated surf destination.
How is this affected by coronavirus?2021/22 start dates remain unchanged and there is not currently a COVID-19 refund policy in place. *These provisions may change.
- All first-year undergraduate students are guaranteed university-approved accommodation, subject to meeting certain conditions.
- Students can choose to live in halls of residence in the city centre, or on Frenchay Campus or around Glenside Campus.
- Most rooms are on Frenchay Campus, which offers modern, accessible, quality accommodation with en suite facilities available.
- UWE Bristol has a large number of rooms in the city, ideal for students who enjoy inner-city life.
- All UWE Bristol owned accommodation includes bike storage, Wi-Fi, overnight security, a launderette and contents insurance.
Accommodation costs 2020-2021
£4129- £13851 per year
How is this affected by coronavirus?The SU has lots of online social events, and plenty of opportunities to meet others when government guideline allow. *These provisions may change.
- The Students' Union at UWE Bristol is run by students and represents their voice during their time at university.
- Students can get involved in 160+ clubs and societies, as well as community networks and many different activities.
- Each UWE Bristol campus has a Students' Union-run bar, shops and cafés, providing the perfect place to get together with friends.
- UWE Bristol has three campuses (Frenchay, Glenside and City Campus) with on-campus or nearby accommodation available for each.
- Named the UK's first cycling city, Bristol is built for cyclists and the university offers an affordable bike hire scheme.
- It's easy to get around the city by bus and Metrobus. Frenchay campus even has its own Megabus and National Express stops.
- Bristol Parkway railway station is within walking distance of Frenchay Campus and Bristol Temple Meads is in the city centre.
- The university is by the M4 and M5 motorways. It's easy to get to by bus or car, or from Bristol International Airport.
Whatuni student ratings
What do students say?
University reviews collected by whatuni.com. Discover what students say about their experience at this university.
104th / 131 universities
COURSE & LECTURERS3.9
89th / 131 universities
68th / 98 universities
76th / 131 universities