Right on the doorstep of London, Kingston upon Thames offers all the benefits of city living in a beautiful riverside setting. The university's four campuses are set in the heart of a student-friendly location with a lively shopping and nightlife scene.
Nightlife and culture
- Kingston upon Thames boasts vast green spaces, including Bushy and Richmond Parks, and a spectacular riverside location close to Hampton Court Palace.
- With a number of popular bars and restaurants, a 15-screen cinema and bowling alley, Kingston has a lively nightlife. Major London attractions are just a train ride away.
- Kingston has a thriving arts scene with music venues, museums and the university's Stanley Picker Gallery, while performances at the Rose Theatre include work by students.
- Kingston has cafés and restaurants to suit every taste and budget. It's a popular retail hub, with a bustling market place.
- As well as the university's sports facilities at Tolworth Court, Kingston is close to many top venues including the rugby union stadium at Twickenham and Wimbledon tennis.
- Kingston University guarantees an offer of accommodation for all new full-time undergraduate students for the September intake.
- Halls of residence provide 1,998 rooms, most with en-suite facilities.
- Halls are on or close to the university's main campuses. There is a free inter-site bus service that also serves Kingston town.
- Support is provided for students searching for rented accommodation, including local properties managed by the university.
- EU or international students studying at Kingston for the first time and for less than one year, can book a room in halls.
Accommodation costs 2020-2021
£4960- £16500 per year
How is this affected by coronavirus?The Union of Kingston Students provides a self-isolation support service and care packages. Virtual events are held regularly. *These provisions may change.
- The Union of Kingston Students champions student views, providing experience through campaigning and student council membership.
- More than 100 societies and sports clubs provide opportunities such as trips abroad, socials, workshops and much more.
- The SU runs a range of events, including Freshers' week, the Varsity sports challenge and a global festival.
- Kingston University's four campuses are located in and around the town centre.
- A free inter-site bus service connects the campuses. Environmentally efficient, it has disabled access and a mobile tracker.
- A power-assisted e-bike scheme allows students to hire a cycle to travel between Penrhyn Road and Kingston Hill campuses.
- Kingston's transport links make commuting simple, with two mainline train stations, a network of buses, and motorways nearby.
- Gatwick and Heathrow international airports are easily accessible from Kingston University by both road and public transport.
Whatuni student ratings
What do students say?
University reviews collected by whatuni.com. Discover what students say about their experience at this university.
126th / 131 universities
COURSE & LECTURERS3.8
122nd / 131 universities
97th / 98 universities
122nd / 131 universities