Liverpool’s rich cultural heritage, world-famous music scene and vibrant night life make it the perfect 24-hour student city. Compact, safe and easy to explore by foot, there’s lots to discover, including the popular Baltic Triangle, Ropewalks and much more.
Nightlife and culture
- Liverpool is a lively, friendly city with a huge choice of pubs, nightclubs and alcohol-free dry bars, along with cafés and restaurants to suit every budget.
- Liverpool is a cultural hub, with more theatres and museums than any other UK city outside London. LJMU has partnerships with Tate Liverpool, Sound City and more.
- Liverpool was crowned UNESCO City of Music in 2015 and live music plays in a host of venues, from subterranean clubs to the Echo Arena.
- The Waterfront and the redeveloped Albert Dock with its shops, cafés and bars are popular places to visit, as is the Liverpool ONE shopping centre.
- Home to both Liverpool and Everton football clubs, Liverpool also offers rugby union, golf, cricket, gymnastics and basketball.
- All new students, including those who accept an offer through Clearing, are guaranteed a room in LJMU-approved accommodation.
- Most student accommodation features individual study bedrooms within shared flats alongside other new LJMU students.
- Most bedrooms are en suite and all accommodation is self-catering. Self-contained studios are available at a higher cost.
- LJMU has accommodation that is wheelchair accessible and suitable for students with visual or hearing impairments.
Accommodation costs 2020/2021
£112- £166 per week
- JMSU help students get involved in the student community through over 100 student groups and exclusive events all year.
- It helps students make the most of their course with an academic advice service and the course rep feedback system.
- It provides many other ways for students to feedback on and innovate their student experience.
- Liverpool is best explored by foot and all student accommodation is within easy walking distance of most teaching buildings.
- Merseyrail and bus services provide a good network of public transport.
- London is 197 miles away. Trains take around 2 hours 20 minutes to reach the capital.
- National Express coaches travel to many destinations.
- The nearest airport is Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
- Part-time work is widely available in Liverpool. Unitemps at LJMU offers part-time roles within the university and beyond.
- The Students' Union offer part-time work. There are also paid/voluntary opportunities with external employer partners.
- LJMU’s careers, employability and enterprise team offer specially organised hiring events, including Get That Job days.
Whatuni student ratings
What do students say?
University reviews collected by whatuni.com. Discover what students say about their experience at this university.
81st / 131 universities
COURSE & LECTURERS3.9
97th / 131 universities
46th / 98 universities
91st / 131 universities