Libraries and information services
- Chester offers access to specialist library facilities at all sites.
- Stock comprises around 350,000 volumes, with 19,000 e-books and 20,000 e-journals. Online resources can be accessed remotely.
- There is 24/7 access to PCs and study spaces at Parkgate Road Campus (Chester), Warrington and Shrewsbury.
- Over 2,500 PCs (including more than 400 Apple computers) are available for student use, with access to 150 laptops for loan.
- There are also bookable multimedia and quiet study rooms. Wi-Fi is available at every site and in student accommodation.
Other services and facilities
Advice at the Students’ Union
The SU provides access to a free, confidential, independent and non-judgemental advice service run by qualified, professional staff. Topics covered include budgeting and finance, health and wellbeing, keeping safe, accommodation and academic issues.
Eating and drinking
The university offers a range of places to eat and drink, from the modern bar in the Students’ Union to cafés where students can meet up for a range of light meals and hot and cold drinks.
The chaplaincy offers personal, pastoral and spiritual support to everybody, regardless of faith, background or outlook on life. Open access faith spaces and quiet rooms are available across the university.
All facilities are available, but with significantly reduced capacity.
Sports facilities and student sport teams are following Covid guidelines. A socially-distanced sports programme is offered. The gym is closed for cleaning every hour. Facilities have one-way systems, signage, sanitising stations. Online booking systems are used.
University sports are open to everyone. There are many sports and exercise opportunities for you to get involved in, regardless of your ability, commitment level or past experience.
See a summary of sports and activities offered below, or search the Sports Table to discover which exercise and facilities are available at each university.