Libraries and information services
- Libraries on each campus offer 24/7 book stock and IT facility access, including wireless printing and photocopying.
- Over 500 computers to use across the university, free Wi-Fi and laptops available to loan at all campus libraries.
- Access a range of media equipment from camcorders to dictaphones, with digital editing software available on all library PCs.
- A large range of e-books, journals and databases available from around the world, plus access to resources from other libraries.
- Private, quiet and group study spaces are offered, with tea and coffee facilities.
Other services and facilities
Each campus has a Helpzone offering a first point of contact for support and advice on all aspects of student life. Depending on their needs, students can then be connected to relevant teams for support with money, studying, wellbeing, counselling and more.
All campuses have a faith space with a prayer and meditation room to welcome those of all faiths and world views. These communal spaces encourage all students and staff to relax, reflect, play games or find community over a tea or coffee.
Hot food and refreshments are available at every campus and cater for all dietary requirements. Music and media screens provide a fun and lively atmosphere in these social spaces.
All university facilities are open but some gym space is now used as teaching space. External facilities may not have reopened. More facility time is required by student sports clubs, with only limited numbers at training sessions in line with Covid guidelines.
Online classes have increased. Training programmes for student sports clubs follow Covid guidelines. Safety measures include Covid-secure venues, and track and trace.
University sports are open to everyone. There are many sports and exercise opportunities for you to get involved in, regardless of your ability, commitment level or past experience.
See a summary of sports and activities offered below, or search the Sports Table to discover which exercise and facilities are available at each university.