Hatfield is a hive of industry activity, with the likes of BT, Tesco, Ocado and Warner Bros based nearby. Around the town, students will find a range of popular restaurants, a cinema, the Galleria shopping centre and plenty of pubs and eateries.
Nightlife and culture
- The SU-run Forum is an exciting venue, offering live music and an annual summer ball. Students can also enjoy pub quizzes and poetry nights in the Ele House pub next door.
- Students can get outside and take a walk around the gardens of Hatfield House, one of the finest Jacobean houses in the UK.
- Nearby, St Albans has plenty to offer – from its many pubs and bars, music venues and restaurants, to the famous cathedral, theatre, art-house cinema and more.
- Further afield, Watford is home to Premier League football. Students can opt to take the Harry Potter Studio Tour or visit the escape room for a fun day out.
- London is just 25 minutes by train. Students can explore the hustle and bustle of the capital, enjoying its museums and mix of restaurants, as well as the lively nightlife.
- All first-year students are guaranteed accommodation on campus, subject to meeting application deadlines.
- Students may apply to live on campus in their second or third year.
- Choose from en suite, single and twin rooms, studios, and townhouses in award-winning accommodation. Wi-Fi and bills included.
- Live right at the heart of everything. Enjoy being close to lectures, 24/7 library access, and an array of social spaces.
- Students also have access to on-site shops, a university launderette, and support staff who are available 24/7 to help.
Accommodation costs 2020/2021
£99- £209 per week
- Hertfordshire Students' Union is the social heart of the university, running club and live music nights at the Forum.
- Students' studies are complemented by student-run societies, where they can meet people sharing their interests.
- The SU hosts a range of events throughout the year, from Freshers' week, a summer ball, the SU awards and more.
- Accommodation is located on both campuses. Students will be close to their school of study, or only a short walk away.
- A free shuttle bus runs between the university's two sites, operated by the university's own UNO bus company.
- UNO also runs services to the surrounding area and into north London, connecting to London underground and local train stations.
- The university park-and-ride service can accommodate 800 cars and offers regular shuttle buses to and from campuses.
- Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton airports are all easily accessible, and the A1(M) and M25 are close by.
- The award-winning careers and employment team helps students find part-time jobs.
- The Students' Union employs students in various posts from events assistant to marketing roles, and student rep coordinators.
- Students can work as an ambassador for the university, supporting recruitment – or as a residents assistant in halls, and more.
Whatuni student ratings
What do students say?
University reviews collected by whatuni.com. Discover what students say about their experience at this university.
115th / 131 universities
COURSE & LECTURERS4.0
61st / 131 universities
52nd / 131 universities