Libraries and information services
- Flexible and digitally-oriented, the David Wilson Library is open every day and for 24 hours a day during term time.
- There are millions of printed volumes, a vast collection of e-books and journals, hundreds of computers and group study rooms.
- The library team support students’ study needs and help them get the most out of the resources.
- With its own café, the library is also a great spot to read, study or take time out.
- The digital reading room is an outstanding social learning space. There are also new social learning spaces across campus.
Other services and facilities
Support and advice
Student Support Services provide advice and guidance on finance, childcare, benefits and personal issues. They also provide access to a range of services and resources to enable positive student wellbeing.
Ongoing support and safety
The Students’ Union offers further support, including a peer mentoring scheme for students during the first weeks and months of university. Students can download a free SafeZone app to summon first aid, security or safety assistance at any time.
Childcare and faith support
The university has an Ofsted-registered nursery on campus. The chaplaincy welcomes everyone regardless of faith. Chaplains provide support and guidance and there are world faiths advisers for many religions.
There is reduced capacity in the gyms, swimming pools and for group fitness programmes. Some indoor organised sport also has reduced capacity.
Some sports currently cannot be played indoors, and may move outdoors to increase capacity. Online versions of some activities are available for students who are self-isolating.
University sports are open to everyone. There are many sports and exercise opportunities for you to get involved in, regardless of your ability, commitment level or past experience.
See a summary of sports and activities offered below, or search the Sports Table to discover which exercise and facilities are available at each university.