University Centre Grimsby
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
University Centre Grimsby (UCG) is located in the centre of the town, in a dedicated centre opened in 2011. There are also campuses in Skegness and Scarborough. UCG works in partnership with Hull and Teesside universities.
UCAS Code: G80
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The careers advisors are professionally qualified and equipped to give you help and guidance.
- They provide information on choosing the right job, additional education and volunteering,
- All of Grimsby Institute’s buildings and facilities are accessible to disabled students.
- Individual assessment is offered to provide appropriate levels of support. Services include signers, visually impaired equipment, note takers, in-class and out-of-class support.
- Contact: telephone 0800 315 002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a newly formed Students’ Union with regular activities taking place on and off campus.
- The institute was founded in 1944 as the Grimsby Technical College.
- In 1966, it became Grimsby College of Technology, and was heavily involved in training for food science careers, and later opened a department of Science and Food Technology.
- It became the Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education in 2004.
- In 2011, the institute opened a dedicated University Centre at its Nuns Corner campus and created a separate Higher Education brand: the University Centre Grimsby.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- John Hurt (actor, famous for 1979 sci-fi classic, Alien).
- Keeley Donovan (BBC news and weather presenter).
- Professor John Sizer CBE (former chief executive of the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council).
Grimsby Institute & University Centre, Nuns Corner, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ