University College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
- Situated in the heart of London, University College London was founded in 1826 – England's third oldest university.
- In 2012 UCL joined with the School of Pharmacy to form the UCL School of Pharmacy; and in 2014 UCL joined with the Institute of Education to form the UCL Institute of Education.
- The undergraduate entry requirement is A*AA–ABB at A level, depending on the degree.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- UCL's facilities include a main library and 15 specialist subject libraries.
- UCL offers a wide range of IT facilities in open-access cluster rooms and student residences.
- UCL's wireless network provides secure web and email access in many locations across the university.
- Please refer to the university's website for details of disability services.
- UCL Union runs a full entertainments programme, a number of bars, café-bars and catering outlets.
- Volunteering and democracy support units help students get through university life and give something back.
- UCL Bloomsbury Theatre shows leading theatrical and comedy performances and also hosts UCL Union productions.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- There is no shortage of varied and reasonably paid employment
- The UCL Union Job Shop acts as an agency offering temporary work both on and beyond the UCL campus.
- Please refer to the university website for details of the careers service.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 48%
- Postgraduate 52%
Mode of study
- Full Time 80%
- Part Time 20%
Where students come from
- UK 60%
- EU 11%
- Other 29%
- Male 42%
- Female 58%
- Founded in 1826, University College London is England's third oldest university.
- It was the first university in England to admit students of any race, class or religion, and to welcome women on equal terms with men.
- Prof John O’Keefe − neuroscientist jointly awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2014.
- Jonathan Ross − television and radio presenter and film critic.
- Chris Martin − and all 3 other members of the band Coldplay.
- Stella Gibbons − author, journalist and poet who established her reputation with her first novel, Cold Comfort Farm.
- Marie Stopes − known for founding the first birth control clinic in Britain.
- Antony Gormley − sculptor best known for the Angel of the North.
- Jomo Kenyatta − Kenyan politician and the first President of Kenya.
- Lord Woolf − Master of the Rolls 1996−2000 and Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales 2000−2005.
- Edwin Waterhouse − founding partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Christine Ohuruogu − 400m athlete, former Olympic, World and Commonwealth champion.
|Address||University College London Gower Street London WC1E 6BT|