University Campus of Football Business (UCFB)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
UCFB is a world first in sports education, offering university degrees in the football and sports industry. They provide an exceptional environment to live and learn in, with state-of-the-art facilities in two inspirational campuses in London and Manchester, which have the iconic Wembley and Etihad stadiums at their heart. Students have unrivalled access to some of the best minds and organisations in world sport, with graduates now working at the likes of The Football Association, Sky Sports and Chelsea FC.
UCAS Code: U10
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- Each of UCFB’s state-of-the-art campuses feature a copy of all core texts in their library; the specially curated collection aims to help widen students' knowledge and support their coursework. There is also an extensive range of online resources.
- UCFB's Library Information Service supports students with academic skills such as academic referencing and searching for journals online.
- A laptop can be borrowed from the library on a day-to-day basis.
- Placements for UCFB students to date have included positions in clubs and organisations including The Football Association, UEFA, Rugby Football Union, NFL, Everton FC and talkSPORT.
- Reflective of real-life recruitment, positions and other part-time roles in the surrounding areas are advertised on the student Intranet, MyUCFB, where students must register their interest by submitting a cover letter and CV.
- 90% of UCFB graduates are in employment within six months of graduation. Almost two in three of UCFB graduates are employed within the sport industry.
- UCFB prepares students for the dynamic sport industry to ensure that they stand out to all potential employers. UCFB offers unrivalled opportunities to undertake student placements and work experience with leading sports organisations throughout each degree programme.
- Students at UCFB have the opportunity to learn from senior practitioners in the football and sports business through the Executive Guest Speaker Series. Here, guest speakers visit UCFB to deliver lectures to students on an area of their expertise and to answer questions. Previous guest speakers have included England manager Gareth Southgate and BBC Sport’s Gabby Logan. This series gives UCFB students unique and unlimited access to a global network of contacts at the top of the football business and the surrounding industry.
- During Freshers' Week all students will be provided with information on how to register with a local GP.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- UCFB's Student Support team provides one-to-one pastoral support, and can signpost students to other services as appropriate.
- UCFB provides guidance and information for both applicants and current students seeking continuing support for dyslexia, medical conditions, mental health difficulties and other disabilities. The Learning Support team is happy to discuss individual needs at any stage of a student's application and help them to source the right support during their studies.
- Students may receive access to: assistive technology, key worker support, one-to-one guidance, peer support and regular review meetings.
- Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) may be applied for by students who need support; the UCFB team offer a fully comprehensive advice and guidance service on how to complete the application.
- The Students' Union is responsible for organising the incredible annual Freshers' Week at the start of each academic year. The week-long party is a great opportunity for new students to meet and start lasting friendships, and often includes live music from household names, a trip to a football match and fun games around the centres of London and Manchester – depending on the students' campus – to get to the know the area.
- After initially opening at Burnley FC’s Turf Moor in 2011, UCFB opened its second campus, with the iconic Wembley Stadium at its heart, in 2014. The opening of a third campus in Manchester at the state-of-the-art Etihad Campus in 2016 marked a significant step in the growth of UCFB. This was followed by the opening of the Manchester Sports Village teaching facility at Belle Vue in 2019.
- Today, UCFB delivers university degrees from its London and Manchester campuses, whilst our original home at Turf Moor sees BTEC diplomas delivered to sports students.
- UCFB’s ground breaking partnership with the Real Madrid Graduate School (Universidad Europea) allows Masters students to experience the football and sports industry in another iconic sporting city.
- In July 2019, UCFB announced they would be opening global study hubs at New York’s Red Bull Arena, Atlanta’s brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto FC’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), enabling students and graduates to enhance their knowledge and expertise of the international sports industry.
- Now a market leader and world first in higher education, UCFB is dedicated to the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the operational and business facets of the football, sport and events industries.
- Each of UCFB's three campuses has a professional football stadium at its heart. At Manchester there's the Etihad Stadium, home of Manchester City; UCFB's first campus, Burnley, is based around Turf Moor; and in London, the campus hub is the iconic Wembley Stadium.
UCFB Wembley, Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS
Affiliated with Buckinghamshire New University