UCFB’s active involvement in the football, sport and events industries is second to none, working with organisations such as The Football Association, BBC, St. Georges Park, Scottish Professional Football League, Premier League, Football League Sky Sports and TalkSPORT.
- Applications are welcomed from students with a genuine passion and ambition to work in the football, sport and events industries. Entry requirements differ for each degree. Full lists of entry requirements can be found on the degree pages of the UCFB website.
- All applicants will be expected to demonstrate a specific interest in their preferred area of study and should have a commitment to engaging with the subject through the academic programme and our unique Complementary Curriculum involving high profile guest speakers, master classes and short course opportunities.
Entry with advanced standing
- Students are normally expected to start at Level 4, but can be admitted to any level of the course which is considered suitable, after portfolio review and interview, using the Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS). Under this arrangement, a student may apply to have previous academic credits or other learning or experience taken into consideration. Such applications are considered by the Faculty CATS committee and must be supported by the Academic Department.
- Members of the Academic Team at UCFB are leading experts within their fields and renowned for their contributions to the football, sport and events industries.
- Together they bring a wealth of knowledge, experience and research with an impeccably strong academic background and a firm grounding in the practical nature of practicing sport, providing the perfect blend for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
- Students will interact and learn from senior practitioners in the football, sport and events industries. Some of the Executive Guest Speakers at UCFB are internationally renowned, including chief executives of Premier League clubs and directors of major corporations, senior figures in football governing bodies and in core related industries of finance, marketing, media, broadcasting and journalism.
- The intention is to give each individual student the opportunity to study a traditional academic subject within the context of an industry for which they have a genuine passion and interest.
- Students are given the opportunity to engage with senior industry and sector specialists through the Executive Guest Speaker Series, a programme of organised excursions, the UCFB Strategic Leadership & Management Programme – headed up by Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive of the Scottish Professional Football League – and from the support provided in finding internship opportunities within the professional football industry.
- With an extensive network of partner organisations, UCFB offers students the opportunity to gain experience across an impressive array of careers, including sport journalism, digital marketing, website management, photography, broadcasting, sponsorship activation, coaching, sport law, and event and retail management.
Student Services and Facilities
- UCFB provides an exceptional environment to live and learn in, with award-winning facilities in and around two inspirational campuses; the iconic Wembley Stadium, London, and the state-of-the-art Etihad Stadium, Manchester.
- The accommodation facilities across both campuses are second to none. Situated five minutes’ walk from UCFB Wembley, and just minutes from Wembley Park underground station, the UCFB Wembley halls of residence offer modern student accommodation in the vibrant capital city. The halls of residence in Manchester is within easy reach of the city centre and just a short tram ride away from campus.
- All rooms are furnished to a high standard the halls of residence have contemporary fully-equipped kitchens, free Wi-Fi and broadband internet. Comfy communal areas with flat screen TV’s provide a relaxing environment to socialise. Accommodations have 24hr security presence, CCTV and secure access entry systems, onsite management and maintenance team, ensuring our student’s safety and security.
- Computing facilities and services across both campuses include all-in-one desktop’s PC’s; internet and Wifi laptops; printing, photocopying and scanning facilities; Office 365 email accounts; use of the Virtual Learning Environment and many more useful student facilities.
- The library at each campus also offer fantastic resources and facilities including front facing library assistance; one-one study skill sessions covering referencing, assignment structure and research skills; thousands of books, hundreds of journals and current affair publications and newspapers.
UCFB provides guidance and information for both applicants and current students seeking continuing support for dyslexia, medical conditions, mental health difficulties and other disabilities. The Learning Support team is happy to discuss your individual needs at any stage of your application and help you to source the right support during your studies. You may receive access to:
- Assistive technology
- Key worker support
- One-to-one guidance
- Peer support
- Regular review meetings
Your Student Finance provider offers Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) for students who need support, and our team offer a fully comprehensive advice and guidance service on how to complete the applications for these.
- The SU is responsible for organising the incredible annual Freshers’ Week at the start of each academic year. The week long party is a great opportunity for new students to meet and start lasting friendships, and often includes live music from household names, a trip to a football match and fun games around the centres of London and Manchester – depending on your campus – to get to the know the area.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Placements, work experience and part-time jobs are an important way to improve student employability and begin a successful career within their chosen industry.
- Placements for UCFB students to date have included positions in clubs and organisations including The Football Association, UEFA, Rugby Football Union, NFL, Everton FC and talkSPORT.
- Reflective of real life recruitment, our positions and other part-time roles in the surrounding areas are advertised on the student intranet, My.UCFB, where students must register their interest by submitting a cover letter and CV.
- UCFB are proud to announce that an incredible 93% of current graduates are in employment and two in three of those graduates are working within the sport industry.
- In order to place graduates in the best possible position for a career in sport, UCFB focuses on a unique Complimentary CurriculumTM, which prepares students for the dynamic sport industry and ensures that they stand out to all potential employers. UCFB offers unrivalled opportunities to undertake student placements and work experience with leading sports organisations throughout each degree programme.
- To date, students have benefited from UCFB’s position in the industry, where they have received media training by Sky Sports presenters and specialist media consultancies; gained presentation skills, boardroom insights and interview skills, all from some of the best in the sporting arena.
- UCFB initially developed when the need for a robust provision of sports business education to provide the ever-growing industry with high calibre professionals was realised. The institutions first campus was based at Burnley FC’s Turf Moor, before launching at the iconic Wembley Stadium in 2014 and the Etihad Campus in Manchester in 2016.
- Now a market leader and world first in higher education, UCFB is dedicated to the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the operational and business facets of the football, sport and events industries.
- With a unique blend of undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes, UCFB has become globally-renowned and will continue to grow not just in the United Kingdom, but in locations around the world.
|Address||UCFB Wembley Wembley Stadium Wembley London HA9 0WS|