University for the Creative Arts
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
UCA has over 6,000 students studying on more than 120 creative courses across 4 campuses in Surrey and Kent. It boasts amongst its alumni many award-winning filmmakers, fashion designers, animators and architects, including the director of Star Wars: Rogue One, Gareth Edwards, artist Tracey Emin OBE, fashion designer Karen Millen OBE, Oscar-winning filmmaker Arnold Schwartzman, and Dame Zandra Rhodes.
- The university adopts a balanced approach to candidate assessment, taking both individual portfolios and exam results into account. The majority of courses require a portfolio.
- Indicative undergraduate entry requirements for full-time 3-year BA/BSc (Hons) degrees are 112 UCAS tariff points; for BA (Hons) Architecture, a minimum entry criteria of 128 UCAS tariff points. For 4-year BA/BSC (Hons) degree, levels of qualifications differs slightly. Please refer to the university website for complete entry requirements.
- Other relevant and equivalent Level 3 UK and international qualifications are considered on an individual basis, and students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- The university occasionally makes offers which are lower than the standard entry criteria to students who have faced difficulties that have affected their performance, and who were expected to achieve higher results.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
- UCA offers a pre-degree courses in Art and Design across all 4 campuses.
- The Diploma 2 Degree progression scheme guarantees a place on a UCA degree course for students from a pre-degree course meeting the entry requirements for undergraduate study.
- A year-0 option is available on a number of degree courses, including fashion, illustration, film production and photography.
- UCA offers students the opportunity to study abroad as a fully recognised and accredited part of their degree, with 2 exchange schemes available: a funded Erasmus+ exchange or an international exchange, each normally 3-5 months.
- Students in the School of Crafts and Design also have the opportunity to add an additional year of study at an overseas institution (either at a higher education establishment or workplace). The university has strong collaborative links with partner institutions worldwide and an experienced team helps students take advantage of the opportunities to study outside the UK.
Student Services and Facilities
- Extensive academic facilities across all campuses include film and TV production studios, animation suites, virtual reality labs, 3D printing and laser cutting, digital and analogue photography suites, traditional crafts facilities and a bronze foundry.
- Libraries include more than 270,000 books, 12,000 journals, 18,000 DVDs, videos, CDs and video games and over 8000 television and film broadcasts.
- Student amenities include on-site art shops, galleries, bars and cafés, careers services and counselling services.
- Free Wi-Fi is available across all 4 campuses.
- The Disability and Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) Team offers advice and coordinates support for students with disabilities and specific learning differences, including dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s Syndrome, mental health difficulties, mobility difficulties, visual impairment, and deafness or hard of hearing.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- The award-winning Students' Union operates across all 4 campuses offering support in many aspects of academic and social life with a wide range of special events for students throughout the year.
- Students' Union activities include Freshers events, comedy nights, club nights, pool competitions, karaoke, quizzes and sports challenges.
- Clubs and societies cover a wide range of interests, including illustration, photography, LGBT, games, netball, basketball, cheerleading, rugby, and Latin dance.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The location of campuses within towns gives excellent access to part-time work with local businesses.
- The Careers team update the website with the latest part-time roles, internships and placements opportunities.
- Workshops and presentations on professional development.
- 1-to-1 confidential guidance service at every UCA campus.
- Dedicated careers library at every university library.
- Up-to-date careers information, graduate vacancies, residencies, competitions and events on the website.
- Practical business advice and guidance to support new creative enterprises.
- On-going support to graduates for up to 3 years.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 94%
- Postgraduate 6%
Mode of study
- Full Time 96%
- Part Time 4%
Where students come from
- UK 86%
- EU 7%
- Other 8%
- Male 29%
- Female 71%
- With a heritage stretching back over 150 years, the university is Europe's 2nd largest provider of creative education.
- Formed through the merger of The Surrey Institute of Art & Design and the Kent Institute of Art & Design, with campuses in Farnham, Epsom, Canterbury and Rochester, the institution was awarded full university status by the Privy Council in 2008.
- Dame Zandra Rhodes was installed as the first Chancellor in 2010.
- Arnold Schwartzman OBE RDI – Oscar-winning filmmaker and designer.
- Tracey Emin RA – artist.
- Gareth Edwards – Hollywood film director.
- Karen Millen OBE – fashion designer.
- Dame Zandra Rhodes CBE RDI – Fashion designer.
- Stephen Webster MBE – jewellery designer.
- PJ Ligouri- YouTube star.
- Daniel Greaves – Oscar-winning animator.
- Kathryn Sargent – first ever female Master Tailor on Savile Row.
- William McGregor – BAFTA-winning film director.
|Address||UCA Farnham Falkner Road Farnham Surrey GU9 7DS We have four campuses spread across different towns in Kent and Surrey. For details of other UCA locations, click on Map tab at top of page.|