University for the Creative Arts

The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) has over 5,500 students studying on more than 120 creative courses across four campuses in Surrey and Kent. UCA's diverse international community welcomes students from 91 nations across the world.

Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)

TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.

International Student Statistics

1,165 international students in 2016–17

Welcome Arrangements

  • A Meet and Greet service for new international and EU students includes a welcome at selected London airports by a representative, and being driven directly to the relevant UCA campus.
  • The university provides International and EU Welcome events at each campus during the first week of term. These free events are a great opportunity to meet new people and the food and drink is complimentary.
  • UCA provides International Student Support after students arrive and throughout the student journey: this includes guidance on collecting a biometric residence permit, registering with the police and a doctor, and other practical matters.

English Language Requirements

  • All students must have a good standard of spoken and written English.
  • A place may be offered on condition that a student reaches the required standard of English before their course starts: if a student's English has not yet met this level, they can attend the university's Pre-sessional English language courses to improve their spoken, written, reading and listening skills.
  • If students need a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK, they may need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT), which is recognised by UK Visas and Immigration. If students plan to study a Pre-sessional English course, they will need to take an academic IELTS for UKVI test. If students want to study an undergraduate or postgraduate course without a Pre-sessional English course, UCA recommends the academic IELTS for UKVI test, although the IELTS academic test will be sufficient if they achieve the scores needed for an unconditional offer.

Accommodation for International Students

  • The university guarantees international students a place in student halls of residence providing they apply for accommodation by the relevant deadline.

International Tuition Fees

The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.

Type of Course Undergraduate (£) Taught Postgraduate (£)
Classroom 13,540 13,540–16,000
Mixed - -
Laboratory - -
Clinical - -
Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.