University of South Wales
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The University recommends that international students fly into Cardiff Wales Airport if possible, where the university run a free taxi service (by prior arrangement) to take students to their accommodation.
- Prior to the course induction week, the university host an International Arrival Week. This orientation and social programme is designed specifically for international students, and includes trips, parties, events, activities and information sessions to help students adjust to living and learning in the UK, and make new friends.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE pass in English at grade C or above.
- IELTS with an average overall score of 6.0 for undergraduate study, and 6.5 for postgraduate study with at least a 5.5 in each component.
- Students not meeting these requirements are able to undertake a pre-sessional English course at the university.
- Note that a UKVI SELT IELTS is required for students applying for a Tier 4 visa to undertake a pre-sessional English language course.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students who have firmly accepted their offer are given an option to book on-campus accommodation; early acceptance of an offer means that first choice accommodation is more likely to be available.
- Whether students want to live on campus or nearby, the Accommodation Office will help them with arrangements.
- University-owned accommodation is available on the Treforest campus, while private halls of residence are located close to Cardiff and Newport City campuses. A variety of on-campus accommodation is available, all self-catered – although there are options for students to purchase meal vouchers to use in the university refectories and food outlets. High speed Internet is available in all rooms and most rooms have Wi-Fi access.
- Students are able to express a preference on their accommodation booking forms. If they wish to live with other international students or students of the same nationality, the university will try to facilitate this.
- Students are able to stay on campus during the winter and spring holidays and are not required to vacate their rooms during these vacations.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.