- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of South Wales offers high-quality courses, prize-winning lecturers and outstanding student support, with over 5,500 postgraduate students studying each year. Nearly all taught courses have part-time study options, while others are available through distance or blended learning. The university also has extensive e-learning facilities, so students can access information and materials whenever they need.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,185 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 40%
- Part Time 60%
- UK 71%
- EU 8%
- Other 21%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||560||610|
|Accounting & Finance||5||330||330|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||125||135|
|Art & Design||5||110||115|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||105||105|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||55||55|
|Theology & Religious Studies||0||55||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||30||40|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||40||40|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||15||30|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||15||15|
|Agriculture & Forestry||10||0||10|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||5||5|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships are currently being reviewed. Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is not guaranteed but many post-graduate students gain places in halls of residence.