University of the Arts London (UAL)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
University of the Arts London (UAL) is home to a diverse community of students from over 130 countries across the globe. UAL has representatives in countries around the world who can help students with their application. International students can also contact UAL's International Offices in London directly.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
12,890 international students in 2017–18
- To make arriving in the UK as easy as possible, UAL offers a free airport collection service for all international students from outside the EU arriving in London for the first time.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS requirements vary depending on the course and level of study, with details shown on the individual course pages on the university website.
- In addition to IELTS, UAL accepts several other English language tests.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students at UAL are guaranteed a place in university accommodation for their first year of study, in halls of residence spread across London.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from university funds.
- This includes two types of International Postgraduate Scholarships: a partial tuition fee waiver of £5,000 available to up to 25 eligible students meeting eligibility criteria on a full-time taught master's course; and up to six scholarships of £25,000 that cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs. Scholarship recipients will also be offered accommodation for the duration of their study.
- Please use the university website's scholarship search tool to access further details.
- Students automatically become a member of the university's Students' Union, which with its many societies offers a great way to meet new people.
- International Students House (ISH) organises social and cultural events for international students in London, including free cinema on Sundays and trips around the UK. UAL is a member of ISH so all UAL students can join for free.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.