University of the Arts London (UAL)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- To make arriving in the UK as easy as possible, the UAL offers a free airport collection service for all international students from outside the EU arriving in London for the first time.
- Students automatically become a member of SUARTs, the university’s Students' Union, which with its many societies offers a great way to meet new people.
- International Students House (ISH) organises social and cultural events for international students in London, including free cinema on Sundays and trips around the UK. UAL is a member of ISH so all UAL students can join for free.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS requirements vary depending on the course and level of study, with requirements shown on the individual course pages on the university website. As a general guide, the standard IELTS requirements for an undergraduate course is 6.0 or 6.5.
- In addition to IELTS, UAL accepts several other English language tests.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students at UAL are guaranteed a place in our accommodation for their first year of study, in halls of residence spread across London.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.