University of the Arts London (UAL)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from university funds, including:
- UK and EU Vice-Chancellor's Postgraduate Scholarships: up to 150 scholarships awarding a 50% tuition fee waiver on a full-time qualifying Masters course.
- 2 types of International Vice-Chancellor's Postgraduate Scholarships: a partial tuition fee remission £5,000 available to 25 eligible students on a full-time taught masters course; and 8 £25,000 scholarships that cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs; scholarship recipients will also be offered accommodation for the duration of their study.
- Please use the university website's scholarship search tool to access further details.
- University of the Arts London offers both theoretical and practice-based research programmes, leading to an MPhil or PhD awarded in any subject area where the university can provide appropriately qualified supervision.
- There are currently over 250 research degree students at UAL who benefit from full access to cross-college resources, interdisciplinary dialogue, and research student training via Research Network UAL (RNUAL).
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,405 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 78%
- Part Time 22%
- UK 40%
- EU 17%
- Other 43%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Creative arts & design||255||2115||2370|
|Business & administrative studies||0||360||360|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||200||200|
|Historical & philosophical studies||0||45||45|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||20||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.