University of the Arts London (UAL)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
University of the Arts London (UAL) is host to Europe’s largest postgraduate arts and design community across its six renowned colleges. Postgraduate study at UAL is challenging – students are expected to use initiative and deliver work well beyond what they thought was possible. But students are also in a stimulating environment full of opportunities: studying with UAL at postgraduate level allows students to grow creatively and professionally, whatever their discipline.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,850 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 83%
- Part Time 17%
- UK 38%
- EU 16%
- Other 46%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Art & Design||205||1920||2125|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||415||415|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||355||355|
|Business & Management Studies||0||215||215|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||0||100||100|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||30||30|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from university funds.
- 150 UAL UK/EU Postgraduate Scholarships of £5,000 are available as fee waivers to Home and EU applicants.
- Please use the university website's scholarship search tool to access further details.