University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is a dynamic and historic institution, and one of the UK's newest and oldest universities. UWTSD's campuses have their own distinctive appeal and offer different courses, but they are united by the same friendly atmosphere, employment focus and passion for nurturing the development of students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
880 international students in 2016–17
For international students studying at campuses in Wales:
- UWTSD organises a meet and greet service for new students who arrive at Heathrow airport, to take them to their accommodation. Dates and times are advertised on the university website and students simply book online.
- UWTSD organises a series of cultural trips designed to give the opportunity to meet fellow students, learn about the local area and help students settle into life at UWTSD. The excursions are very popular so students wishing to attend need to reserve a place using the online booking form on the university's website.
- Student Services provide pastoral care to all international students on all campuses. Students can meet the International Student Support Officer and International Student Ambassadors through a variety of activities and drop-in sessions throughout the academic year. Students receive regular emails with information on welfare provisions and cultural activities.
English Language Requirements
International students and EU students whose first language is not English are required to have sufficient command of the English language to enable them to follow your course without linguistic difficulties.
- For study at undergraduate level and above, English language must be assessed at CEFR Level B2, which is equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking. To meet this requirement, students must provide evidence of a Secure English Language Test (SELT).
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university provides accommodation on all campuses and there is also a wide choice of private accommodation.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.