University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is a dynamic and historic institution, and one of the UK's newest and oldest universities. UWTSD's campuses have their own distinctive appeal and offer different courses, but they are united by the same friendly atmosphere, employment focus and passion for nurturing the development of students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
430 international students in 2017–18
For international students studying at campuses in Wales:
- A dedicated team of advisers in the International Registry can support students through the application and visa processes.
- UWTSD organises a meet and greet service for new students who arrive at Heathrow airport, to take them to their accommodation. Dates and times are advertised on the university website and students simply book online.
- UWTSD organises a series of cultural trips to give the opportunity to meet fellow students, learn about the local area and help students settle into life at UWTSD. The excursions are very popular; students wishing to attend need to reserve a place using the online booking form on the university's website.
- Student Services provide pastoral care to all international students on all campuses. Students can meet the International Student Support Officer and International Student Ambassadors through a variety of activities and drop-in sessions throughout the academic year. Students receive regular emails with information on welfare provisions and cultural activities.
English Language Requirements
Students whose first language is not English are required to have sufficient command of the English language to enable them to follow their course without linguistic difficulties.
- For study at undergraduate level and above, English language must be assessed at CEFR Level B2, which is equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking. To meet this requirement, students must provide evidence of a Secure English Language Test (SELT).
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university provides accommodation on all campuses. There is also a wide choice of private accommodation.
- Support for international students is provided through the university's Student Services department.