The University of Warwick
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Warwick helps postgraduate students become experts in their subject, with the opportunity to learn from some of the world's leading minds, alongside other students who share their academic enthusiasm –giving them the tools they need to fulfil their career aspirations.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
8,935 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 61%
- Part Time 39%
- UK 53%
- EU 9%
- Other 39%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||130||2305||2435|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||110||450||560|
|Accounting & Finance||20||225||245|
|Physics & Astronomy||120||0||120|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||95||115|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||110||110|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||20||35|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||35||35|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||10||20|
|Classics & Ancient History||20||0||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Warwick Taught Masters Scholarships: worth £5,000 for students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Warwick Postgraduate Sanctuary Scholarships: funds both tuition fees and a maintenance stipend, for eligible taught and research students with refugee status or seeking asylum in the UK.
- Fully funded scholarships for postgraduate researchers include the Chancellor's International Scholarships, the Centre for Arts Doctoral Research Excellence (CADRE) Scholarship, Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarship, Warwick Medical School Scholarships, and the Monash Warwick Alliance Joint PhD Scholarship. The university also works closely with several Research Councils, offering fully funded studentships to eligible students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Although the university doesn't guarantee accommodation for postgraduates, accommodation options range from university-managed off-campus houses, on-campus accommodation and partnership accommodation.
- The Student Union Advice Team provides information relating to private rentals.