The University of Warwick
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Warwick provides flexible study and social spaces, many of which are exclusively for postgraduates. You can book seminar rooms for your own academic events, conferences and networks.
- The Modern Records Centre located on campus provides you with access to important primary sources, a research area, a teaching space and an exhibition centre.
- Postgraduates can choose from nearly 300 student societies and get involved in cultural celebrations and events.
- Warwick has networks and partners across the globe including the Monash Warwick Alliance and the Centre for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP) in New York.
- Warwick’s Institute of Advanced Study, through its Visiting Fellowship Scheme, regularly brings to the university academics of international importance, who particularly work with postgraduate students.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 8,925 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 55%
- Part Time 45%
- UK 59%
- EU 8%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||151||2192||2343|
|Engineering & technology||272||997||1269|
|Subjects allied to medicine||63||725||788|
|Medicine & dentistry||60||232||292|
|Historical & philosophical studies||104||81||185|
|Creative arts & design||30||75||105|
|Mass communications & documentation||13||25||38|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||17||17|
- Warwick offers almost 250 Postgraduate courses across four faculties – Arts, Science, Social Science and Medicine.
- There are more than 20 Specialist Research Centres located across campus.
- Double Master’s programmes are offered with Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Monash University in Melbourne and the University of Konstanz in Germany.
- A full list of courses can be found online.
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- In 2014, Warwick allocated over £28m of scholarship funding to postgraduate students. Please see the Graduate School website for up-to-date information on available scholarships.
- A new scholarship scheme for Taught Master’s students has been in place since 2015, which offers £1m in scholarships (of up to £10,000) to Home/EU students who started in 2015–16.
- There are plenty of accommodation options including university-managed off-campus houses, on-campus accommodation and private accommodation.
- The Student Union Advice Team is on hand to provide information relating to private rentals.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- The Office for Global Engagement provides a point of personal contact both within the UK and globally, to support you with the application process, on your arrival at Warwick and throughout your studies.
- The university runs an induction programme exclusively designed for postgraduate students to help you settle in and get to know the area.
- Each student is assigned a personal tutor who you can talk to about your progress or anything you’re worried about.