University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,990 international students in 2016–17
- Before arriving, all new international and EU students are given the relevant information on what to prepare before studying at the university. The International Team is also on hand to answer any queries they may have.
- Upon arrival, students are invited to partake in course-specific joining activities and a varied programme of events. This includes an international orientation programme, designed to help with enrolment and social activities, advice on finances and relevant information students require.
English Language Requirements
As a guide please see below; the university may accept other English language qualifications, students should check with the university.
- Foundation course: an overall minimum score of IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Undergraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Postgraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Some degree courses may require higher IELTS scores, please refer to the university website course pages for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- All University of West London students over the age of 18 are eligible to apply for one of 810 single study rooms.
- These are fully-furnished en-suite bedrooms in shared flats of six to eight people. There is access to a shared kitchen and dining area, with all essential appliances and individual locked cupboard. A communal common room – The HUB – holds regular events.
- Students also have access to communal on-site laundry facilities, and benefit from 24 hour CCTV and reception cover. Secure swipe card entry is also in use on the site.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.