University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of West London is the Career University, and welcomes students from all over the world to study a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Based in leafy west London with great transport links, international students at UWL get to experience everything London has to offer while being part of a real community where everyone is valued, accepted and supported to reach their true potential.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,125 international students in 2017–18
- Before arriving, all new international and EU students are given the relevant information on what to prepare before studying at the university. The International Team is also on hand to answer any queries they may have.
- Upon arrival, students are invited to partake in course-specific joining activities and a varied programme of events. This includes an international orientation programme, designed to help with enrolment and social activities, advice on finances and relevant information students require.
English Language Requirements
As a guide please see below. Some degree courses may require higher scores, please refer to the university website for details and for information on other English language qualifications accepted.
- Foundation course: IELTS 5.5 overall (minimum of 5.5 in all areas).
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum of 5.5 in all areas).
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum of 5.5 in all areas).
Accommodation for International Students
- All University of West London students over the age of 18 are eligible to apply for one of 810 single study rooms.
- These are fully-furnished en-suite bedrooms in shared flats of six to eight people. There is access to a shared kitchen and dining area, with all essential appliances and individual locked cupboard. A communal common room – The HUB – holds regular events.
- Students also have access to communal on-site laundry facilities, and benefit from 24 hour CCTV and reception cover. Secure swipe card entry is also in use on the site.