University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Before arriving, all new international and EU students are given the relevant information on what to prepare before studying at the university. The International Team is on hand to answer any queries they may have.
- Upon arrival, the International Team works in collaboration with the Students Union to produce a programme of events and activities. This includes an international orientation programme, designed to help with enrolment and social activities, advice on finances and relevant information students require.
English Language Requirements
As a guide please see below; the university may accept other English language qualifications, students should check with the university.
- Foundation course: an overall minimum score of IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Undergraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Postgraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Some degree courses may require higher IELTS scores, please refer to the university website course pages for details.
- If students have not met the minimum English language requirements, they may be eligible for one of the university’s pre-sessional English language courses subject to having satisfied UKVI (UK Visa & Immigration) regulations.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university offers self-catered on-campus accommodation in single en-suite bedrooms (which include toilet and shower facilities), with access to a communal kitchen in the shared flat.
- There are a further 29 studio apartments on site that include a larger private area with integrated kitchen facilities and wheelchair accessibility.
- There is a student common room, laundry and bike storage at the accommodation site. All rooms have broadband Internet.
- Rent includes all bills (electricity, gas, water and broadband).
- Please refer to the university website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.