University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of West London (UWL) is based at the heart of one of the UK's most successful business regions. Its highly qualified staff have a wealth of experience in their respective disciplines and strong connections with key industries. An expanding portfolio of innovative postgraduate courses includes a wide range of full- and part-time study options to fit around students' commitments.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,575 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 45%
- Part Time 55%
- UK 82%
- EU 7%
- Other 11%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||210||220|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||95||100|
|Accounting & Finance||0||65||65|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||20||30|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||10||10|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||10||10|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
|Art & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A number of postgraduate scholarships and research fee waivers are available which help students meet the cost of their studies, including an exclusive UWL alumni discount and school-specific scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can apply for housing at the university's Paragon Student Lets, located at the Brentford campus, or at its Berkshire student accommodation, in Reading.
- UWL's Student Finance team is available to support students in finding accommodation in the private rented sector. There is presently not a guarantee of university accommodation.