University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The Graduate School oversees a diverse range of taught and research-based postgraduate programmes delivered on either a full- or part-time basis in each of the 8 academic schools.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
- The postgraduate research community has doubled in size in the last 3 years, and continues to grow.
- All doctoral students are supported through a 2-semester programme of research training in their first year. This complements their individual studies, and the supervision available in the discipline they are researching.
- All students are encourage to present their research at the Annual Doctoral Conference, and at conferences.
The 1,510 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 39%
- Part Time 61%
- UK 76%
- EU 6%
- Other 18%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||16||679||695|
|Business & administrative studies||25||368||393|
|Creative arts & design||15||73||88|
|Engineering & technology||3||25||28|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||15||25|
|Architecture, building & planning||7||0||7|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A number of postgraduate scholarships and research fee waivers are available which help students meet the cost of their studies, including an exclusive UWL alumni discount and school-specific scholarships.