University of the West of England
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 4.16 / 5.00
- 2.70 / 4.00
- 0.29 / 1.00
- 76.3 / 100.0
- 72.6 / 100.0
- 84.4 / 100.0
UWE Bristol is one of the largest providers of Higher Education in the South West of England. There has been strong emphasis over the years on building close partnerships with businesses and organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
- UWE Bristol makes offers based on the UCAS Tariff, using the new tariff from 2017.
- All tariff bearing qualifications will be considered, provided applicants have met the minimum requirement of 2 A level passes (or equivalent). Please refer to the university website for details.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Type of Qualification:
- The majority of their courses offer a modular structure allowing students to tailor their learning to their interests.
- Many courses offer foundation year entry, allowing students an additional year to gain the required subject knowledge to complete a degree.
- Students often have the opportunity to take part in placements, internships and other work-based projects.
- Student can also take advantage of a wide range of global opportunities including work placements, study and volunteering abroad.
Student Services and Facilities
- Learning facilities include 24-hour computer laboratory, libraries on each campus, a mock courtroom, forensic crime scene house, wind tunnel, flight simulator, financial trading room, and a host of specialist laboratories and studios.
- Social facilities include a high-quality Centre for Sport, an on-campus cinema, a Centre for Performing Arts, a NatWest Bank, several bars, and numerous shops and cafés.
- Please refer to the UWE Bristol website for details about disability services.
- The new £10m Students’ Union building includes award-winning bars, gaining gold in the Best Bar None scheme 2015. Every UWE Bristol campus has a Students’ Union run bar.
- The Students' Union also won 4 awards at the South West Fairtrade Business Awards the same year, including Gold for Best Fairtrade Retailer.
- Students can join over 180 different sports clubs, societies, community networks and volunteer activities.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The Students’ Union Job Shop helps students find the right job to fit around their studies. Around 4,000 part-time jobs are advertised through the JobShop every year, which also offers tips on specific job hunting and advice on employment rights, tax, and national insurance.
- More than 200 students undertake internships funded by UWE Bristol every year.
- UWE Bristol Careers offer a wide range of services, resources, advice and support to students and graduates.
- Careers events including recruitment fairs, employer presentations and careers skills workshops take place throughout the year.
- It offers a wide range of online tools and resources including CV and covering letter builders, job search, interview simulator, psychometric tests, personality tests, literacy and numeracy tests, e-learning tools, written advice and videos from employers.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 76%
- Postgraduate 24%
Mode of study
- Full Time 74%
- Part Time 26%
Where students come from
- UK 87%
- EU 3%
- Other 10%
- Male 44%
- Female 56%
- In 1595 the Bristol Society of Merchant Venturers' Navigation School was founded.
- In 1969 Bristol Polytechnic was founded; in 1992 it gained university status and became the University of the West of England (UWE).
- Today UWE Bristol is the largest provider of higher education in the south west of England.
|Address||University of the West England, Bristol