University of the West of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- UWS offers plenty of support to prepare students for their time at the university, throughout their education and after they graduate.
- A welcome guide is available for each campus for students preparing to study with UWS.
- A dedicated team of international student advisors helps make the transition to student life in Scotland as smooth as possible and can help with a variety of matters prior to, and for the duration of students time in the UK.
- This includes help with immigration and visa enquiries, information on working in the UK, finance, welfare and health benefits, and support for student’s wellbeing.
- The service also provides information for students whose relatives wish to visit.
English Language Requirements
- For the majority of courses, UWS requires an IELTS of 6.0 with no component less than 5.5.
- However, some courses such as nursing may require higher IELTS score of 7.0.
- UWS offer English language courses for students looking to gain a higher level of English before progressing onto a degree programme.
Accommodation for International Students
- Non-EU students paying the full fee who have applied by the relevant deadline will have accommodation reserved for a 36-week contract or, if studying for 1 trimester, for 16 or 17 weeks.
- Students aged under 18 or with disabilities are prioritised.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.