University of the West of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Please refer to the university website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the website for details of available postgraduate scholarships.
- The UWS Graduate School provides high quality postgraduate research opportunities and currently has around 450 research students from more than 20 different countries engaged in a variety of postgraduate research programmes (MRes, MPhil, PhD, DBA and DProf).
- The Graduate School is committed to developing the UWS Student Offer within the Research Student Community. This includes supporting and enabling career planning, professional development, teaching experience, research publication and conference participation.
- The University offers a limited number of internally funded studentships every year. These are advertised annually and applicants are invited to apply competitively for these opportunities. The University Studentships are offered to include a Stipend and payment of fees. These studentships are open to all applicants from the European Economic Area.
- Additionally a number of externally funded studentships are available every year and these are advertised annually with details of any eligibility criteria.
- Students may also apply to study at UWS on a self-funded basis for any project, on a full-time or part-time mode. Students who are not awarded a studentship will be responsible for their own fees and living expenses. Additionally you may propose your own research study to UWS, and the Graduate School will attempt to match you to an academic with a similar interest.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,143 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 55%
- Part Time 45%
- UK 80%
- EU 3%
- Other 18%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||70||385||455|
|Business & administrative studies||70||330||400|
|Creative arts & design||35||40||75|
|Engineering & technology||35||5||45|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.