University of the West of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
UWS is a modern university with origins dating back to 1897. Its degrees will give students a global outlook, preparing them for the best international opportunities available.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,972 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 63%
- Part Time 37%
- UK 73%
- EU 3%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||730||780|
|Librarianship & Information Management||50||35||85|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||60||60|
|Communication & Media Studies||25||5||35|
|Geography & Environmental Science||15||10||25|
|Accounting & Finance||5||0||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the website for details of available postgraduate scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Please refer to the university website for details.