West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College, with its main campus in Bury St Edmunds and a number of rural centres, is a member of University Campus Suffolk. The college offers full- and part-time degree courses.
UCAS Code: S82
Student Services and Facilities
- Up-to-date information about jobs is available through the online job shop.
- The careers service offers confidential advice, drop in sessions, one to one guidance, workshops and help with skills such as CV design and interview techniques. There are also work experience opportunities in the internship programme.
- There are career events and fairs with opportunities for students and potential employers to network. Up to date information about jobs and graduate careers is available through the online job shop.
- There is a careers and employability section on the student intranet with links to websites, careers information, employment vacancies, workshops and events.
- Students can email queries to a careers adviser who will reply within 5 working days.
- Students can speak to a member of staff before starting or at any point during their course to discuss requirements. After a meeting a support system and plan is put in place.
- Support provided includes advice and help applying for Disabled Students' Allowances, implementation of individual reasonable adjustments, non-medical help (NMH) e.g. note taking, study assistance and/or mentoring (please see: NMH Support at UCS for more information), diagnostic assessment for specific learning differences, one-to-one study skills tuition, advice on equipment and access, arrangement of examination concessions and counselling.
- For further advice contact the disability adviser on 01284 701301 or email@example.com.
- The UCS BSE has a student campus officer. Campus Officers sit on the Executive Committee of UCS Union to represent the views of all students on each campus, ensuring that UCS Union focuses on all students on all Campuses.
- Students are automatically members of the students' union and are entitled use the discounts available at commercial outlets such as the Campus Shop & Theta Café. They also get free access to our independent Advice Centre, can join clubs and societies or get involved with volunteering.
- Initially founded in 1951 as the Bury St Edmunds Technical Institute, it has slowly evolved from a small provider of evening classes for the people of Bury St Edmunds to an established, organisation providing quality education to the East Anglia region and beyond.
Out Risbygate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk , IP33 3RL