- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Westminster is in the heart of London, with all the opportunities the city has to offer on its doorstep. Among the most diverse of UK universities, its students come from 169 countries. Students benefit from the university's global network of more than 190 partner institutions and over 7,500 businesses and organisations, which provide study, work and placement opportunities. Graduates are invited to join a thriving, worldwide alumni community.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
6,540 international students in 2017–18
- With one of the UK's most diverse international student populations, the University of Westminster has plenty of experience in providing the help and support students need to make the most of their time at the university.
- Before arrival, students receive a full information pack with details of enrolment, healthcare advice and other information.
- A meet and greet service is available for students arriving at Heathrow Airport on specific days towards the end of September. A team will meet students at the airport and arrange transport with other international students to their halls of residence or private accommodation.
- Once at the university, there are a whole range of services and activities to help students settle in. The International Students' Welcome Programme gives students the chance to meet fellow new students and Westminster staff, find their way around the university and London, learn about university facilities and services, and meet current international students.
English Language Requirements
- Students whose first language is not English, or who have not studied a secondary education in English, may need to demonstrate an acceptable level of English language before being admitted onto any degree course.
- Please refer to the university website to find the minimum English language requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate study. Individual course requirements may vary and can be found on course pages on the university website.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students new to the university are regarded as a priority for a place in halls of residence, but demand can be high, so it is important to apply early.
- Although the university cannot guarantee a place in halls for international students, it works with a number of private partners to provide accommodation in other halls of residence across the city.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Westminster offers a generous scholarship scheme, providing financial support to outstanding students. Please refer to the university website for details.
- The University of Westminster offers an extensive range of services designed to support students with their studies and to adjust to student life in London. This includes support with academic English, access to healthcare and help with accommodation. Please refer to the university website for details.