University of Westminster
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- The University of Westminster has a diverse student community, with more than 20,000 students from 150 nations.
- Our study abroad and exchange programmes offers students exciting education opportunities in more than 20 countries worldwide from Australia and Argentina to Sweden, Turkey and the USA.
- As well as offering an extensive range of research courses, we deliver more than 300 taught courses, many of which have a specifically international focus.
- Westminster has international partnerships with over 20 institutions across Europe and Asia.
What Do International Students Study?
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- With one of the UK’s largest international student populations, the University of Westminster has plenty of experience in giving you the help and support you need to make the most of your time with us.
- Before you arrive, you will receive a full information pack with details of your enrolment, health care advice and other information.
- You will be regarded as a priority for accommodation, but it is still important to apply early.
- We provide a 'meet and greet' service for students arriving at Heathrow Airport on specific days towards the end of September.
- Our team will meet you at the airport and arrange transport for you to travel with other international students to your halls of residence or private accommodation.
- Once you are here, we provide a whole range of services and activities to help you settle in. The International Students’ Welcome Programme gives you the chance to meet fellow new students and Westminster staff, find your way around the University and London, learn about our facilities and services, and meet current international students.
Accommodation for International Students
- All seven halls of residence provide easy access to appropriate campuses.
- Rooms are available for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students but international students are prioritised at room allocations.
Organisations for International Students
- We support our international students during the entire journey of applying to the University of Westminster, throughout their studies and beyond.
- Our support network includes the International Recruitment Team, pre-departure counselling and advice, international student events and services: for example, airport meet and greet service, and international student welcome programmes,
- Careers and student employment with our Career Development Centre, support and advice from our Disability Learning Support, Counselling Service, interfaith and spirituality advisors, English language support and study skills and the Students’ Union with the Student Council, clubs and societies and social, cultural and sporting activities.
- Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT) was founded on 16 January 2002 in partnership with the University of Westminster (UK, London) and the UMID Foundation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and became the first international university of Uzbekistan.
- WIUT teaches at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. All programmes and courses of WIUT are designed in partnership with the University of Westminster and are subject to the same quality assurance and control regulations as those taught in the UK.
- Classes at WIUT are taught in English, entry requirements and all degree certificates meet the international standards.
IIT, Sri Lanka
- The Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT) was established in 1990 as the first private higher education institute that awards reputed British degrees in the field of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Business.
- IIT offers BEn (Hons) Software Engineering and BSc (Hons) Information Systems with Business Management (ISBM) internal degrees from the University of Westminster, UK.
- Several entry paths to the degree programmes such as the Foundation Programme in Higher Education and the Preliminary Certificate in Computing (PCC) are also offered.
- IIT also offers an MSc Advanced Software Engineering from the University of Westminster.