- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Westminster, located in the heart of London, is a dynamic and inspirational university with a 175-year heritage. Its commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high-quality students from within the UK and around the world. A diverse portfolio of courses includes more than 300 taught courses, 170 of which are postgraduate programmes.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,445 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 53%
- Part Time 47%
- UK 58%
- EU 10%
- Other 32%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||915||925|
|Communication & Media Studies||30||295||320|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||15||200||215|
|Accounting & Finance||5||190||190|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||120||120|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||100||100|
|Art & Design||5||30||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||15||30|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||5||15|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||5||10|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||0||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Westminster offers a generous scholarship scheme for UK and international students.
- Scholarships are normally awarded on the basis of three criteria: academic excellence, development potential and financial need.
- Please refer to the university website scholarships pages for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The University of Westminster can help postgraduate students find the right accommodation, whether in halls of residence or private housing.
- Please refer to the university website accommodation pages for details.