The University of Winchester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- To welcome students to the UK, Winchester provides a complimentary airport shuttle service from Heathrow to Winchester (usually on the Saturday prior to Welcome Week). When students arrive on campus, they are met by student helpers who make every effort to ensure they feel at home and have all the support they need.
English Language Requirements
- All undergraduate applicants are required to have a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (including 6.0 in writing) or equivalent for entry into Year 1/Level 4.
- This applies to the majority of programmes, there are some exceptions.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees a room in University Managed accommodation to full-time international (non-EEA) students for their first year of study provided they hold Winchester as their firm choice and apply for accommodation by the published date.
- Accommodation may also be available for international students beyond their first year of study, subject to availability – students must reapply for housing in each subsequent year by the deadlines published.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.