The University of Winchester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Innovative and forward-thinking learning and teaching with scholars at the forefront of their discipline.
- A great location in Hampshire in the ancient cathedral city of Winchester, one hour from London.
- An attractive campus situated within walking distance of the city centre.
- Great sports facilities, including the Winchester Sports Stadium.
- An award-winning Student Union, housed inside the University Centre.
- Research activity at national and international levels of excellence.
- A safe and supportive community with an informal culture.
- A dedicated centre for research and knowledge exchange offering support for postgraduate research students.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- All undergraduate students are required to have achieved a minimum of IELTS 6.0 ( including 6.0 in writing) for entry into Year 1 Level 4.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A number of Winchester International Scholarships are available each year for international students studying taught programme.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The University of Winchester offers a full arrival and orientation service.
- This includes a free airport pick-up, workshops on life, culture and study in the UK, visa advice, and is co-ordinated with our international students and student service department.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees on-campus accommodation to all overseas students, for the duration of their study programme, provided they apply in good time.
- University accommodation is available with both catered and self-catered options, all with internet access.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the halls of residence. Typically, six students share a kitchen and these six will usually comprise of four UK students, and two international students.
- Students in en-suite accommodation can stay on-campus during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Costs for accommodation vary according to room type, but typically the cost per year is £3,995–5,199 (2014–15).
Organisations for International Students
- International Student Association.
- Student Union (International).
- Alumni Association.