The University of Winchester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Winchester has excellent programmes across the Humanities, Arts, Business, Sports and Education. Three core values – individuals matter, compassion, and spirituality – influence all the university does, including teaching students in small class sizes. Students can live in on-campus housing, with their own room and bathroom.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
790 international students in 2016–17
- To welcome students to the UK, Winchester provides a complimentary airport shuttle service from Heathrow to Winchester (usually on the Saturday prior to Welcome Week). When students arrive on campus, they are met by student helpers who make every effort to ensure they feel at home and have all the support they need.
English Language Requirements
- If English is not the student's first language, the general English Language standards required are IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in writing or equivalent.
- This applies to the majority of courses, there are some exceptions.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees a room in university-managed accommodation to full-time international (non-EEA) students for their first year of study, provided they hold Winchester as their firm choice and apply for accommodation by the published date.
- Accommodation may also be available for international students beyond their first year of study, subject to availability – students must reapply for housing in each subsequent year by the deadlines published.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.