The University of Winchester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Subject to room availabiliy, full-time postgraduate students can apply for campus accommodation or choose to live off campus either in University Managed Housing, or in the private rented sector in Winchester.
- Part-time students need to find accommodation in the private rented sector.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There is a range of financial advice and assistance available from the University of Winchester including alumni discounts, the Postgraduate Access Scholarship Scheme, and Winchester International Scholarships.
- The university has a strong, vibrant and sustainable research culture that aims to deliver economic, social and cultural impact at regional, national and international levels, while addressing fundamental and strategically important questions.
- Qualifications include MPhils, PhDs and Professional Doctorates.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
1,415 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 24%
- Part Time 76%
- UK 96%
- EU 1%
- Other 3%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||60||85||145|
|Creative arts & design||15||80||95|
|Business & administrative studies||15||75||90|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.