The University of Winchester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Winchester offers a stimulating and supportive learning environment to help postgraduate students reach their full potential and make a difference in the world. A values-driven institution, postgraduate students work alongside inspirational research-active academics, many of whom are leading in their respective fields.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,315 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 39%
- Part Time 61%
- UK 95%
- EU 1%
- Other 4%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||60||80|
|Theology & Religious Studies||25||50||70|
|Art & Design||0||20||20|
|Accounting & Finance||0||20||20|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||20||20|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||0||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||0||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There is a range of financial advice and assistance available from the University of Winchester including alumni discounts, the Postgraduate Access Scholarship Scheme, and Winchester International Scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Subject to room availability, full-time postgraduate students can apply for campus accommodation or choose to live off-campus either in university-managed housing, or in the private rented sector in Winchester.
- Part-time students need to find accommodation in the private rented sector.