University of Wolverhampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Wolverhampton each year welcomes hundreds of students from over 100 nations to its UK campuses or partner institutions overseas; rated highly for its teaching, employability, internationalisation and inclusiveness. Centrally located, it offers 300 undergraduate courses and over 200 postgraduate options to students, supported by international partnerships, strong business links and world-leading research.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,155 international students in 2017–18
- The university offers an airport pick up service on selected dates from Birmingham International Airport, for new international students.
- An International and EU Orientation Programme includes welcome meeting and information on day trips and other events to help students settle into the university and British life. Students also attend their course induction during this week.
- International and European students whose first language is not English are offered a free English Language Package, with tailored English language support for undergraduate and postgraduate students. To help the university assess the level of support required, students should attend one of the English Language Support Evaluation Sessions that take place during Orientation and Welcome week.
- At the start of their stay, students are invited to a series of Welcome and induction events, with key information sessions to help adjust to life in the UK as well as fun activities to help students make friends.
English Language Requirements
- Students are required to hold an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each component.
Accommodation for International Students
- Places in university-owned accommodation are not automatically guaranteed for international students. On receiving an unconditional offer, students should book accommodation straight away to ensure they can be allocated their first preference.