University of Worcester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 4.11 / 5.00
- 2.08 / 4.00
- 0.30 / 1.00
- 67.6 / 100.0
- 63.0 / 100.0
- 84.3 / 100.0
The University of Worcester offers highly relevant, professional courses with excellent, inspiring teaching. The university takes a truly friendly, inclusive approach to everything it does, with excellent student support and first class facilities. Its record of graduate employment is among the best in the country.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- The university combines academic teaching with work placements, project and volunteering opportunities for students within businesses, hospitals, schools and other public, private and community organisations.
Type of Qualification:
- Joint and major-minor degree courses are widely available.
- Most single honours students have opportunities to take free choice modules in other subjects.
- Most courses are available to study full-time or part-time.
- There are many opportunities for course-related employability skills training and activities.
- There are many opportunities to study abroad with the university's partner institutions.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Hive library was the first joint university and public library in Britain, it houses over 275,000 books and over 12 miles of history records.
- IT facilities can be found in the study and guidance centre at St John’s Campus, with 400 study spaces, PCs, Macs and access to a complete range of student services. All halls of residence have Internet access and on-campus media services offer students a wide range of multi-media support.
The Disability and Dyslexia Service provides a wide range of support and advice for students with disabilities, including funding advice and assessment.
The university has one of the highest proportions of disabled students of any university.
- The Students' Union has a regular programme of going 'out and about' across the university campuses find out what’s important to students, and supporting over 530 Student Academic Representatives who help to develop courses and the quality of learning.
- The union regularly rewards its core and student staff for making a positive difference to students, and involves student staff in the ongoing development of the union.
- The union is quite small but has a huge heart, a strong student voice, a tradition of performing above expectations in sport, and big ambitions.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The university has a strong earn-while-you-learn programme, with a range of part-time work available within the university itself, in Worcester and the surrounding area, including jobs with local sports clubs, schools, charities and performance companies.
- A part-time jobs bulletin is produced weekly, with jobs both in the local area and on campus. Last year nearly 750 students were working on campus in a total of 50 different roles.
- Workshops and 1-to-1 advice is available for students to help them in making applications for part time jobs.
- Individual advice and guidance appointments with expert careers advisers are available through the university’s firstpoint service.
- Careers advisers run talks and workshops at lunchtimes and within courses.
- Careers booklets, leaflets and other information is available online and through the firstpoint student centre.
- Conferences, employer talks and other events run throughout the year.
10,457 students in 2015–16:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 85%
- Postgraduate 15%
Mode of study
- Full Time 78%
- Part Time 22%
Where students come from
- UK 94%
- EU 4%
- Other 2%
- Male 34%
- Female 66%
- Originally founded in 1946 as a Teacher Training College.
- Degree-awarding powers held since 1996.
- Granted full university status in 2005.
- Daryl Mitchell –former Captain of Worcestershire County Cricket Club and Chairman of the Professional Cricketers' Association.
- Jo Yapp – former Captain of England Women’s Rugby.
- Swaroop Sampat – Bollywood actress and former Miss India.
|Address||University of Worcester Henwick Grove Worcester WR2 6AJ|