University of Worcester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Worcester is an ideal place to study abroad, providing an inclusive small-campus feel. A wide range of courses are available across seven institutes: Business and Computing, Sport and Exercise Science, The Arts, Humanities, Education, Health and Society and Science and the Environment. The historic, cathedral city of Worcester is a thriving city, closely linked to the university by initiatives such as the award-winning jointly owned library, The Hive.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
970 international students in 2016–17
- The university provides a Meet and Greet service and a free pick up from Birmingham International and Heathrow airports.
- On accepting a student, the university invites them to connect with the International Experience team via an interactive Induction App.
- A three-day International Induction includes a student-led Question and Answer workshop, a Student Services Fair, assistance with registration, opening bank accounts, registering with a GP, and campus and city tours.
- Social events and excursions to places of social or cultural interest continue throughout the year.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: undergraduate 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element).
- IELTS: postgraduate 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each element).
- Other English language qualifications are accepted.
Accommodation for International Students
- University-managed accommodation is guaranteed to International and EU students if they apply before the stated deadline.
- The majority of accommodation is on the campus; there is some off-campus accommodation managed by the university. University-managed accommodation is self-catering with shared communal space and is within walking distance of all campuses.
- Accommodation fees include gas, electricity, water, broadband Internet, contents insurance and gym membership.
- Full degree International and EU students are integrated throughout the accommodation; summer school students, exchange and short-term students may be clustered together.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.