University of Worcester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- The University of Worcester has hundreds of courses on offer to inspire potential students.
- An inspirational new one-year full-time MBA course requiring no previous work experience with an optional 6-month internship.
- A wide range of health related courses relevant to the international marketplace, including a Public Health MSC, a Physician Associate MSc and a Nursing Studies (for overseas nurses) BSc programme.
- News of the first class quality of a Worcester education is growing worldwide and has led to fast increasing numbers of students from Africa, South Asia, China and North America, and Europe.
- Our students have an excellent employment rate.
- We pride ourselves on being very student centred where every student is a valued individual. We have a dedicated team of staff to help you settle in and to support you during your studies.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: undergraduate 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element); post graduate 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each element).
- Other English language qualifications are accepted.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Overseas students who are currently holding an offer from the university and are not being funded from another source can apply for an international scholarship of up to £3000.
- Students who enrol in their first year with our university, and have achieved 360 UCAS points or equivalent, are qualified for a £3000 scholarship; 320 UCAS points or equivalent receives £2000 scholarship; 280 UCAS points or equivalent receives £1000.
- The scholarships apply even if you decide to join us later in your studies. Therefore, you will be eligible for a £3000 scholarship if your grades are an equivalent of a 1st class degree; a £2000 scholarship if they are the equivalent of a 2:1 degree; and £1000 if they are the equivalent of a 2:2 degree.
- International Postgraduate Scholarship – up to £3000. We reward international students for getting a good undergraduate degree. So if your degree is at least a UK 2:1 or equivalent, we are offering you a scholarship of £3000. Also, if you have received a 2:2 degree, you will be rewarded with a scholarship of £2000.
- Alumni Loyalty Scholarship – 15 % off the tuition fee/year. We value our students and we know how hard they work to obtain their degree. We want to thank them for that by offering them a 15% discount from our postgraduate fees if they choose to continue their studies with us!
- Family/sibling Bursary – 15 % off the tuition fee/year. Whether you are doing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with us, if one of your family members enrols at the University of Worcester too, they will get a discount of 15 % off their tuition fees.
- Early Payment discount – £500. We know that paying your tuition in full is a big investment, which is why we are offering you a discount to help you out! If you pay your tuition fees in full by the 31 of July we will offer you a discount of £500.
- Commonwealth Scholarships. The Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UK universities, to jointly support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has confirmed that the University of Worcester has one award for the academic year 2016–17 in specific taught postgraduate courses only. Further information can be found on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website. For information and to apply, please visit the Chevening Scholarship website. Please note that the application deadlines vary from country to country.
- Worcester Business School Postgraduate scholarships and bursaries. To launch the Worcester Business School's brand new portfolio of Masters courses, we are delighted to offer each international student (non EU) a celebratory bursary of £2,500 off the published course fees. This reduces the fees to £10,000. Note that scholarships are not cumulative, only the highest value of the scholarship will be awarded. However, early payment can be added to an awarded scholarship.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- For international and EU students, the university offers an International Induction Week, involving airport pick-ups, induction, registration, careers advice, social activities and much more.
Accommodation for International Students
- International and EU students are guaranteed university-managed accommodation if they apply for accommodation before 31 May.
- University accommodation is self-catered, with internet access.
- International and EU students are evenly spread throughout the accommodation, unless special requests are made for a clustered arrangement.
- The majority of accommodation is on the campus.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- University accommodation costs approximately £91–149 per week (2015–16).
- The charges for accommodation include gas, electricity, water, broadband internet access, contents insurance and gym membership.
- Accommodation off-campus, managed by the university, is also offered.
Organisations for International Students
- International Student Committee.