Writtle University College
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation in halls of residence is guaranteed for first-year students.
- Nearly 400 rooms are available in 14 halls of residence, set in beautiful gardens on the main campus. The halls are close to all main amenities such as the bar, Recreation and Fitness Centre, restaurant, café, library, computer suites and laundry facilities.
- Accommodation is offered on a 37-week contract, with options from large single en-suite bedroom with double bed, to a basic single room.
- A team of wardens is responsible for the well-being of all resident students outside of working hours.
- For students who prefer not to stay in halls, a number of rented properties are available in the local area.
|Catered||from £4,120 to £6,980 per year|
- WUC's rural campus is situated a few minutes' walk from the pretty village of Writtle and just two miles from the city of Chelmsford, offering students the best of rural and urban life. It is also close to London, and to the coast of Essex with all its outdoor sports.
- Chelmsford has an impressive 15th Century cathedral, where the college holds graduation ceremonies. There are bustling shopping centres, attractive parks and gardens, theatres, sports and leisure facilities (including Essex County Cricket Ground and an ice rink) plus a variety of restaurants and bars.
Culture and Nightlife
- Nightclubs hold special student nights during the week, offering discounts to WUC students.
- Writtle University College's campus has a lively community atmosphere – including its own restaurant, café and bar –and students can easily venture to Chelmsford and London, with all the cultural and sporting attractions they offer.
- A cycle route leads directly into the city of Chelmsford, taking approximately 20 minutes.
- A regular bus service runs between Writtle Village Green and Chelmsford.
- Chelmsford station is approximately ten minutes' drive from Writtle University College.
- London Stansted and London Southend airports are both around a 35-minute drive from Writtle.