Writtle University College
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation in halls of residence is guaranteed for first-year students.
- Nearly 400 rooms are available in 14 halls of residence, set in beautiful gardens on the main campus. The halls are close to all main amenities such as the bar, Recreation and Fitness Centre, restaurant, café, library, computer suites and laundry facilities.
- Accommodation is offered on a 37-week contract, with options from large single en-suite bedroom with double bed, to a basic single room.
- A team of wardens is responsible for the well-being of all resident students outside of working hours.
- For students who prefer not to stay in halls, a number of rented properties are available in the local area.
|Catered||from £4,202 to £7,120 per year|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Writtle University College's rural campus is situated a few minutes' walk from the pretty village of Writtle and just 2 miles from the city of Chelmsford, offering students the best of rural and urban life. It is also close to London, and to the coast of Essex with all its outdoor sports.
- Chelmsford has an impressive 15th century cathedral, where the college holds graduation ceremonies. A bustling shopping centre includes a John Lewis store within the new Bond Street development; and there are attractive parks and gardens, theatres, sports and leisure facilities (including Essex County Cricket Ground and Riverside Leisure Centre) plus a variety of restaurants and bars.
Nightlife and Culture
- Nightclubs hold special student nights during the week, offering discounts to WUC students.
- Writtle University College's campus has a lively community atmosphere, with its own restaurant, café and bar.
- Students can easily venture to Chelmsford and London, with all the cultural and sporting attractions they offer.
- A cycle route leads directly into the city of Chelmsford, taking approximately 20 minutes.
- A regular bus service runs between Writtle Village Green and Chelmsford city centre.
- Chelmsford train station is approximately 10 minutes' drive from Writtle University College, with London a 35-minute journey.
- London Stansted and London Southend airports are both around a 35-minute drive from Writtle.