Writtle University College
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation in the Writtle University College halls of residence is offered to students on a 37 week contract.
- Options include en-suite, mostly single study bedrooms with quieter halls available.
- If students prefer not to stay in halls, there are a number of rented properties available in the local area.
|Number of university/college beds||382|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,892–£5,230|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£2,405–£2,960|
- The campus is situated just a few minutes walk from the charming village of Writtle and 2 miles from the City of Chelmsford – the only city in Essex. The college's location is close to London and also to the coastal areas of Essex, meaning students get the best of both worlds.
- Chelmsford has an impressive 15th Century cathedral, where the college holds its graduation ceremonies; along with bustling shopping centres, attractive parks and gardens, theatres, sports and leisure facilities (including Essex County Cricket Ground and an ice rink) plus a variety of restaurants and bars.
- A cycle route leads directly into the City of Chelmsford, taking approximately 20 minutes.
- A regular bus service runs between Writtle Village Green and Chelmsford.
- Chelmsford station is approximately 10 minutes' drive from Writtle University College.
- London Stansted and London Southend airports are both around a 35-minute drive from Writtle.
Culture and Nightlife
- Nightclubs hold special student nights during the week offering discounts to WUC students.
- Writtle University College’s campus has a lively community atmosphere and students can also easily venture to Chelmsford and London.