York St John University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university prepares Welcome Week activities to help students feel more at home and give a great beginning to their time at York St John University. Please visit the university website for more information.
English Language Requirements
- If English is not the student's first language, IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each area or equivalent is required. More information is available on the university's website.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year international students are guaranteed university accommodation if they apply for it before the deadline.
- University accommodation offers one catered option and four self-catered options.There is internet access in all university residences.
- International students are spread throughout the residences, rather than clustered together.
- All university residences are a maximum of 15 minutes walk from the campus.
- Students have to move out during vacations in one residence, but not in the others.
- For prices of university accommodation, please visit the university's website.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.