York St John University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Three year Bachelor’s degrees and one year Master’s degrees.
- Campus University in the heart of the city centre – the best of both worlds!
- Over the last 10 years we have invested £110 million in our campus.
- Study abroad opportunities for one semester or one year in Europe and worldwide as part of your three year Bachelor’s degree.
- All of our students have the opportunity to graduate in the world-famous York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe.
- Small class sizes and an open door policy for academic staff.
- Guaranteed accommodation for international students.
- Brand new 57-acre sports park.
- Student continuation rate of 93.6%.
- 94% of graduates are in employment or full-time study six months after graduating
- Ranked in the top 10 most affordable UK universities for international students (2016).
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language:
- IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each area or equivalent.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers scholarships and bursaries specifically for international students.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Airport pick-up and Welcome Week for all incoming international students which includes full orientation.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year international students are guaranteed university accommodation if they apply for it before the deadline.
- University accommodation offers one catered option and four self-catered options.
- There is internet access in all university residences.
- International students are spread throughout the residences, rather than clustered together.
- All university residences are a maximum of 15 minutes walk from the campus.
- Students have to move out during vacations in one residence, but not in the others.
- For prices of university accommodation, please visit our website.
Organisations for International Students
- The Student’s Union houses over 50 different clubs and societies from ballroom dancing to fencing to cricket to gospel choir.