York St John University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
York St John University is proud of its global outlook and celebrates the diversity of its campus, with students from over 100 different nationalities represented. The city of York is regularly voted as one of Europe's top international tourist destinations – boasting beautiful countryside, historic buildings and a thriving arts scene. The city is the number one city in the region for student safety (The Complete University Guide 2016).
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
630 international students in 2016–17
- The university prepares Welcome Week activities to help students feel more at home, giving a great beginning to their time at York St John University.
- The Student Success and Engagement team provides pre-arrival support, welcome and orientation activities for international students, as well as intercultural and celebration events through its Global Campus programme.
English Language Requirements
- For most foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate courses, if English is not the student's first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each area (or equivalent) is required.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first-year international students are guaranteed university accommodation if they apply before the deadline.
- There are six university-run accommodation sites across the city in addition to university-managed housing; all within 20 minutes' walk of the university.
- International students are spread throughout the residences, rather than clustered together.
- Please refer to the university website for details and up-to-date pricing.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.