York St John University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- All first year students are guaranteed a place in university-owned or university-managed accommodation if they apply before the deadline.
- There are six university-run accommodation sites across the city, in addition to university-managed housing; all are within 20 minutes' walk of the university.
- Houses are divided into flats, with facilities including a communal area, a fully equipped kitchen, Internet access and on-site laundry.
- Please refer to the university website for details and up-to-date pricing information.
|Self-Catered||from £4,399 to £7,838 per year|
- City Population: 198,000
- Student Population: 15,000
- York is a vibrant, modern city which has a deep and rich heritage at its heart. The city hosts a diverse range of cultural festivals which take place throughout the year. These include the renowned Aesthetica Short Film Festival, the Great Yorkshire Fringe comedy festival and York Literature Festival. Other popular tourist events, which happen annually in the city, include the York Chocolate Festival, JORVIK Viking Festival and Illuminating York.
Culture and Nightlife
- York offers a vibrant and colourful nightlife and relaxed continental-style atmosphere throughout the city centre, with everything from riverside terraces, quirky independents to unique cocktail bars. If you're looking for a hearty Sunday roast with all the trimmings, fine bistro cuisine or something in-between, you’ll find what you’re after in one of York’s gastropubs.
- High street stores are abundant in the city centre, in addition to a huge range of one-off stores and specialist shops which can be found in York’s historic centre.
- In terms of culture, York has it all; drama, live music, comedy and the arts can be found at York Theatre Royal, the Grand Opera House, and the National Centre for Early Music, the York Shakespeare Project. The city has three cinemas.
- Students living in York are entitled to a YORKCard which is also a library card and allows discounted entry to some museums and leisure centres. Residents can also enjoy York Minster for free.
- York St John University is located right in the heart of York, just outside the ancient city walls. There are good road links in and out of the city but the centre itself if best navigated by foot or by bike. The campus has plentiful bike racks, buses operate throughout the city and the Students' Union's Pay Safe, Stay Safe scheme with Streamline Taxis means students just need to show your student card, then pay the next day at their office in town.
- York is exceptionally well-placed for getting out and about in both the region of Yorkshire and across the country, with big cities such as Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle only a short train journey away as well as the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors within easy reach.