- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- York St John University guarantees new undergraduate students a place in its accommodation in their first year of study, ensuring students have somewhere comfortable and safe to live.
- Across accommodation sites there is a choice of studio apartments, shared flats or houses. All sites are within a 20-minute walk of the main campus. 60% have en-suite bathrooms and all have Wi-Fi access.
|Self-Catered||from £100 to £161 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- York St John's campus is located in the centre of York, a city steeped in history. York Minster, the largest Gothic cathedral in northern Europe, has been the centrepiece of York's skyline since 1080. Students of York St John University celebrate their graduation here, becoming part of its history.
- York's streets are lined with a mix of independent shops and cafés, well-known high street stores and plenty of restaurants. The city also hosts an annual calendar of festivals that showcase local talent and the history of the region. These include the renowned Aesthetica Short Film Festival, the Great Yorkshire Fringe comedy festival, York Literature Festival, York Chocolate Festival and the JORVIK Viking Festival.
- For those who fancy a break from city life, York is ideally situated in North Yorkshire – close to national parks, areas of outstanding natural beauty and dramatic coastlines.
Nightlife and Culture
- York boasts a pub or club for every night of the year, from record-holding gin bars and quaint pubs dating back to 1503, to clubs with revolving dance floors.
- The city has a whole host of activities to entertain. Students can shop on the oldest street in Europe, watch shows at one of York's magnificent theatres, find out about local history at over ten museums in the city centre, or enjoy a film at independent cinemas.
- University campus and accommodation sites are located centrally. Just a 10-minute walk from campus, York is easily accessible by foot.
- York also has an extensive network of off-road cycle paths, on-road cycle lanes and over 1,000 cycle parking facilities.
- Bus routes across the city and beyond provide regular and reliable services at a reasonable price.
- Direct train lines through the city travel to Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle and Edinburgh.